PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] My laptop won't start after sleep?

mirchichamu
July 11th, 2008, 08:57 PM
Very annoying. My laptop won't start after sleep. If I go to do something, after I come back, it will not start again. I have to shut down laptop by pressing shut down button. Then it will scan the disks after restart.
Please help. I think there is problem in display driver? My display driver ATI mobility Radeon.

xammap
July 12th, 2008, 10:29 AM
Hi

Similar problem - no solution yet.

My Asus A7U won't sleep once the lid is shut and won't start properly if put to sleep via the menu.

It also won't resume after the screensaver starts. If I can get back to X, the screen is corrupted (screen is split down the middle and two corrupted displays are shown). Ctrl-Alt-BkSpc works, but you lose everything on the desktop.

Is it the graphics driver or the ACPI driver (or both)?

Thanks in advance.

Max

clutrz
July 13th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Does the laptop power on? I have an HP/Compaq nx8220 laptop with ATI radeon graphics and find the following works:

After resume from suspend, wait for hdd to finish doing whatever it's doing.
If screen stays blank, I do a ctrl-alt F1, then ctrl-alt F7
Then wiggle the mouse a lot.

I have to do this everytime I resume from suspend.

mirchichamu
July 13th, 2008, 08:37 PM
Does the laptop power on? I have an HP/Compaq nx8220 laptop with ATI radeon graphics and find the following works:

After resume from suspend, wait for hdd to finish doing whatever it's doing.
If screen stays blank, I do a ctrl-alt F1, then ctrl-alt F7
Then wiggle the mouse a lot.

I have to do this everytime I resume from suspend.

Thanks a lot.
Lately I installed Xubantu, it is working fine. No more freezes after sleep. But it will be evident after sometime. I got the screen after long time of sleep. Hope for the best.