PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] top panel deleted accidentally

Nuitblanche
July 11th, 2008, 10:57 AM
oops!

I was trying to move the top panel to the side of window...I ended up with 2 of the same panels...one on top and one on the side....when I deleted the side one both of them disappeared

Help. How do I get the top panel back?

coffeecat
July 11th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Go to the bottom panel, right-click and select New Panel. A new empty panel should appear at top. Now right-click on the new panel and select 'Add to Panel'. Add all the panel-apps you need - Main Menu for starters I would think. :)

Nuitblanche
July 11th, 2008, 12:35 PM
thanks!!

I was looking to restore but that way'll do it too.

Only thing is I can't get the firefox link on the panel now.

Any idea?

Kevbert
July 11th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Select firefox in the menus (Applications - Internet) left click and hold down the mouse key while you're over the firefox icon and drag it to the task bar.

Nuitblanche
July 11th, 2008, 12:44 PM
okay. Problem solved!

I figured it out.

Go to Main Menu - click on Internet then right-click on firefox and choose add launcher to panel !

I'm new too Ubuntu -- It's great! I can figure things out quite easily -- very user-friendly! and much lighter/better than windows.

Can't wait when it can handle all the other apps that Windows handle..

Rhubarb
July 11th, 2008, 12:45 PM
Only thing is I can't get the firefox link on the panel now.
Any idea?
Right click on panel, Add to panel, Application Launcher, go to Internet, and select Firefox.
EDIT: I'm too slow, there's a few ways to do this :)

coffeecat
July 11th, 2008, 01:03 PM
I'm new too Ubuntu -- It's great! I can figure things out quite easily -- very user-friendly! and much lighter/better than windows.

And now you've discovered three ways to add a program launcher to the panel. Welcome to Linux. Welcome to the world of choice. :)