PDA

View Full Version : What's the deal with Linuxsux.org?

kevdog
July 11th, 2008, 03:48 AM
Who is behind http://Linsux.org? There seems to be a lot of hate going on over there. I'm suspecting chucky, however it even seems over the top for him.

kernelhaxor
July 11th, 2008, 03:57 AM
There exist such sites for each and every thing .. even on this forum, a lot of microsoft-hate goes on and on ..
Lets keep hate to a minimum .. no offence meant but I wudn't waste my time pondering over such sites ..

gletob
July 11th, 2008, 04:04 AM
They sent me a rude email with vulgar language in it for defending linux the other day this was from admin@linsux.org
Thats right internet scrumming spam bots admin@linsux.org

toupeiro
July 11th, 2008, 04:11 AM
anything devoted to the non-factual defamation of anything is a waste of my bandwidth.

mrgnash
July 11th, 2008, 04:14 AM
Troll for epic justice.

Chilli Bob
July 11th, 2008, 04:23 AM

:lolflag:

gletob
July 11th, 2008, 04:28 AM
we should send them emails and sign them up for a bunch of crap

linsux
July 11th, 2008, 04:42 AM
They sent me a rude email with vulgar language in it for defending linux the other day this was from admin@linsux.org

Hey Guys! Thanks for posting us again!

Anyway.

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

admin@linsux.org

Technical details of permanent failure:
PERM_FAILURE: Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 No Such User Here (state 14).

Either you have that email confused, or you're just plain lying. The only current email on our domain is sysadmin@linsux.org. Which is for automated forum messages (not spam).

To the topic starter:

We're a group of people who are by definition trolls.

The owner has been using Linux for about 11 years before he stopped (well, mostly), and most other of the staff are/were using Linux at some level.

I don't disagree that there is a lot of hate going on there, most of the serious content is directed at Linux users who we feel are using Linux in the wrong sense, and who have no idea what they're fighting for (it really seems like people want this to be a crusade) (wait... why are they fighting in the first place?).

The site is run/used by many of the higher up's from LSX (linuxsucks.org).

I hope this answers your question.

RiceMonster
July 11th, 2008, 04:55 AM
Linsux, you seem to show up exactly whenever your site (I guess it yours?) gets brought up here. Do you lurk here waiting for it to be brought up or something?

But really, I don't see why you guys cares about this site anyway.

barbedsaber
July 11th, 2008, 04:57 AM
Roflmao

DeadSuperHero
July 11th, 2008, 05:06 AM
Yes, but notice how it's always someone from your own boards who bother to start the topic. We just happen to notice it.

linsux
July 11th, 2008, 05:07 AM
Linsux, you seem to show up exactly whenever your site (I guess it yours?) gets brought up here. Do you lurk here waiting for it to be brought up or something?

But really, I don't see why you guys cares about this site anyway.

Great question, Rice!

You see, this miracle tool was invented for webmasters (such as myself) some time ago, this tool is called "referrals"

Most site statistic software comes with a referrals tracker, so whenever you click on a link to my site, I automagically know that you did, and what website you came from! Isn't that neat!? (And creepy).

http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/5969/ugeo2.png

RiceMonster
July 11th, 2008, 05:09 AM
Well that answers my question. I wouldn't call it creepy, really, and at least you're not constantly lurking here like I thought you were lol.

DeadSuperHero
July 11th, 2008, 05:10 AM
On top of that, it seems more and more of your own users are trying to shut us down, hack us, spam us, send us death threats, all because we express an opinion.

As a matter of fact, we were recently superspammed by people from these very boards. Funny how the admins don't pick up on things like that.

linsux
July 11th, 2008, 05:11 AM
Well that answers my question. I wouldn't call it creepy, really, and at least you're not constantly lurking here like I thought you were lol.

No problem :) I can understand how that could seem odd to someone (me posting within a few minutes after this is posting) who has never run a website.

Giant Speck
July 11th, 2008, 05:14 AM
I really don't see a problem with the website. It's just a website.

It's like a Linux fanboy site, where the crazed Linux users who use Linux solely to jump on the bandwagon against Windows get the responses they deserve.

I took a little while to browse the forums over there and it seems as though the crap hits the fan only when someone spews the ever-so-overly-said "******* sux" or "Linux > *******."

If you are going to post over there, it only makes sense that you use common sense. Don't be a fanboy. If you talk about why you like Linux in an intelligent matter, then maybe the website wouldn't look so "mean."

Or you could just not visit the website at all. Just avoid the drama. In the immortal words of the Black Eyed Peas song "My Humps,"

You don't want no drama,
No, no drama, no, no, no, no drama.

MaxIBoy
July 11th, 2008, 05:41 AM
I gotta say, linsux, you're a lot more civilized than I would've expected.

We should organize debate days over an IRC channel, where all trolls are kicked without mercy.

linsux
July 11th, 2008, 05:45 AM
I gotta say, linsux, you're a lot more civilized than I would've expected.

We should organize debate days over an IRC channel, where all trolls are kicked without mercy.

Sorry, but I can't help but feel offended. Did you think that I would be a poo flinging cave man? OK, well, I admit I act like that sometimes, and there are many people on our forums that act like that 24/7 (this includes people from your side).

I'm not exactly sure what you want to debate, things are pretty clearly cut here. I don't like Linux, I used to use Linux, but lost my passion for it when I realized what the community had become.

dracule
July 11th, 2008, 05:46 AM
why would they waste their breath or finger movements?

Jim!
July 11th, 2008, 05:49 AM
Sorry, but I can't help but feel offended. Did you think that I would be a poo flinging cave man? OK, well, I admit I act like that sometimes, and there are many people on our forums that act like that 24/7 (this includes people from your side).

I'm not exactly sure what you want to debate, things are pretty clearly cut here. I don't like Linux, I used to use Linux, but lost my passion for it when I realized what the community had become.

This is actually getting kind of interesting now:D And what do you thinK:D the community has become?

linsux
July 11th, 2008, 05:56 AM
This is actually getting kind of interesting now:D And what do you thing the community has become?

I just feel that I cannot identify with a large group of younger kids who treat something I loved like a religion and bash other things which, to tell you the truth, I love (Windows).

In-fact, I dislike a great majority of the Linux Community, I feel that they have no idea what they stand for, and I don't get the fight either (you know, the one that involves crucifying Bill Gates, and killing Microsoft).

So, I (and other people) made a website where I could bash and make fun of these users, we also have lots of satire too, because back in my Linux using days, I got a huge kick out of the satire at Linuxsucks.org.

I would say that's basically it.

Giant Speck
July 11th, 2008, 05:57 AM
This is actually getting kind of interesting now:D And what do you thing the community has become?

One that can't use English. :tongue:

RiceMonster
July 11th, 2008, 06:00 AM
Any sane person should find the Linux zealots who run around preaching about how they saved themselves with Linux and how much Microsoft sucks annoying. I personally find the "lol ******* sux" threads annoying.

But in my opinion, I don't think those people are really a reason to dislike Linux itself. The community I can understand, of course.

DeadSuperHero
July 11th, 2008, 06:01 AM
I've been saying it for a while now, an OS doesn't determine who you are, that's entirely up to you.

But in my opinion, I don't think those people are really a reason to dislike Linux itself. The community I can understand, of course.

When the developers start believing it though, and start preaching it, suddenly it makes me not want to use their software all the time.

Case in point: gNewSense. Sure, it's a "free" distro. Limited, but free. But, do I really want to restrict myself physically, all for the sake of somebody else's concept of "freedom"?

RiceMonster
July 11th, 2008, 06:08 AM
So then don't use gNewSense. I think it's dumb to limit your computer's functionality as well just because you can't get the source code. Just so you know, free software advocates have been around and preaching since the beginning, so I don't think it's a case of the developers "starting" to do it.

And again, just because some people are loud and annoying, I don't see why it should hinder your enjoyment of said software.

linsux
July 11th, 2008, 06:10 AM
But in my opinion, I don't think those people are really a reason to dislike Linux itself.

It is when a very large majority of the community is like that.

Jim!
July 11th, 2008, 06:11 AM
I just feel that I cannot identify with a large group of younger kids who treat something I loved like a religion and bash other things which, to tell you the truth, I love (Windows).

In-fact, I dislike a great majority of the Linux Community, I feel that they have no idea what they stand for, and I don't get the fight either (you know, the one that involves crucifying Bill Gates, and killing Microsoft).

So, I (and other people) made a website where I could bash and make fun of these users, we also have lots of satire too, because back in my Linux using days, I got a huge kick out of the satire at Linuxsucks.org.

I would say that's basically it. Everything you say is understandable, Windows bashing even occurs on this forum and you get your fair share of 'immature' linux users who carry on about it without really knowing what there talking about, but how that could deter you from using linux completely (I assume) is a bit strange.

Just out of curiosity but what linux OS were you using when you decided to switch?

linsux
July 11th, 2008, 06:16 AM
Everything you say is understandable, Windows bashing even occurs on this forum and you get your fair share of 'immature' linux users who carry on about it without really knowing what there talking about, but how that could deter you from using linux completely (I assume) is a bit strange.

Just out of curiosity but what linux OS were you using when you decided to switch?

Red Hat 1995 - 2003
Fedora 2003 - 2008

It was for me. I'm very anti-organized-religion, I prefer to do worshiping of anything in the privacy of my home, and not push it on to people.

The Linux community obviously does not support any of my views. Now, you may find that hypocritical, because I have a website dedicated to people against what I stand for, but I'm royally upset over what has happened.

dracule
July 11th, 2008, 06:18 AM
I found the BSD community a bit more lax. They dont seem to hate on microsoft near as much as some people in Linux community. however, there are some.

RiceMonster
July 11th, 2008, 06:18 AM
So what do you use now, Linsux? Curious.

linsux
July 11th, 2008, 06:23 AM
So what do you use now, Linsux? Curious.

Windows and OpenSolaris.

doorknob60
July 11th, 2008, 06:34 AM
I'm on AIM with the owner of that site. He's used Linux since the 1990's, and he loves it, but what he hates is the people he calls "Linux Zealots" (I think that's what he calls them), that go around constantly talking crap about Microsoft and calling them Micro$ux and stuff. I'll admit to that every once in a while but w/e. The site is certainly misleading though, he's just having fun :-P

linsux
July 11th, 2008, 06:36 AM
I'm on AIM with the owner of that site. He's used Linux since the 1990's, and he loves it, but what he hates is the people he calls "Linux Zealots" (I think that's what he calls them), that go around constantly talking crap about Microsoft and calling them Micro$ux and stuff. I'll admit to that every once in a while but w/e. The site is certainly misleading though, he's just having fun :-P

We use the term "Linux Youth".

RiceMonster
July 11th, 2008, 06:39 AM
Yeah, I'm not going to lie, what you guys do doesn't bother me (its kinda funny actually). This is honestly the only site I use regularly that I don't do any trolling on lol.

Canis familiaris
July 11th, 2008, 06:40 AM
We use the term "Linux Youth".

Yes true. Generally newly converts try to convert everyone to Linux and crapping MS.
But as time passes they realise bashing MS or Windows will not help Linux.

linsux
July 11th, 2008, 06:46 AM
Yes true. Generally newly converts try to convert everyone to Linux and crapping MS.

What I went through over the last years, which mainly started with my first account on LSX, I began to really see exactly how much of a joke the community had became. Sure, there were some nice people out there who used Linux, like me.
I discovered that I had lost all that I had in common with the bulk of the Linux community, the likes of even Roy Schestowitz upset me.

I decided Linux was no longer for me. And that it was time to move on, well, in some senses, I really wish it would turn around.

And, you people really do make it sound like there are very few of these people, but there are many.

Jim!
July 11th, 2008, 06:48 AM
Well said. When I first started using linux though I didn't do such a thing because I was actually frantically trying to save my 'beloved' Windows partition - I failed and was forced to use Ubuntu - even occasionally bad mouthed Ubuntu at the time saying things like "Piece of csrap corrupted my XP Install" when really It was just my lack of understanding in a particular area of computers.

Canis familiaris
July 11th, 2008, 07:01 AM
And, you people really do make it sound like there are very few of these people, but there are many.
Arent there Windows users who keep on bashing Linux at every given oppurtunity, even if they have never used it.
And I have seen very negative comments from BSD users about Linux as well.

The point is every community has ,..em... over-enthusiastic members who do such things but that does not make the community bad.

And many Windows users I know of, also bash MS a LOT, and LOL! Their primary OS is Windows and they have never user *nix.

toupeiro
July 11th, 2008, 07:02 AM
linsux, like any other site, has their share of absolutists, apologetics and radicals. I just think this particular banter between linsux posters coming onto ubuntuforums and vice versa and posting against eachother is just childish. Unless you decide to present your case, in a less angsty, more mature manner, (starting with your domainname) I'm not going to waste my time trying to have any serious debate, and I am asking anyone who takes this linux community seriously to consider why linsux would even make a post here.

I've been an admin of Windows, Unix, and Linux Operating systems for the last ten years, I have my position about Microsofts present Operating Systems, server and workstation alike, and present GNU/Linux operating systems, and I've stress tested both to ridiculous ends. I'll help someone with a windows problem as fast as I would a linux problem, but I am not going to represent myself as a part of a community that exists to defame the other, from a personal or professional stance. No matter what caliber of implied tone or vocabulary you choose to conduct yourself with on this site, by your screen name alone, speaking for myself, I think it reflects a real sense of character about you. I wish you luck with your linsux website, and I hope it provides all the content you desire.

DeadSuperHero
July 11th, 2008, 07:04 AM
linsux, like any other site, has their share of absolutists, apologetics and radicals. I just think this particular banter between linsux posters coming onto ubuntuforums and vice versa is just childish. Unless you decide to present your case, starting with your domainname, in a less angsty, more mature, manner, I'm not going to waste my time.

You seem to have come to the discussion a little bit late in the game...

Jim!
July 11th, 2008, 07:06 AM
linsux, like any other site, has their share of absolutists, apologetics and radicals. I just think this particular banter between linsux posters coming onto ubuntuforums and vice versa is just childish. Unless you decide to present your case, starting with your domainname, in a less angsty, more mature, manner, I'm not going to waste my time.

I've been an admin of Windows, Unix, and Linux Operating systems for the last ten years, I have my position about Microsofts present Operating Systems, server and workstation alike, and present GNU/Linux operating systems, and I've stress tested both to ridiculous ends. I'll help someone with a windows problem as fast as I would a linux problem, but I am not going to represent myself as a part of a community that exists to defame the other, from a personal or professional stance. No matter what calibur of implied tone or vocabulary you choose to conduct yourself with on this site, by your screen name alone, speaking for myself, I think it reflects a real sense of character about you. I wish you luck with your linsux website, and I hope it provides all the content you desire.

Your post makes some valid points but......."No matter what calibur of implied tone or vocabulary you choose to conduct yourself with" We've also established that his website is just 'having fun'.:)

grossaffe
July 11th, 2008, 07:06 AM
so are you saying you stopped using the OS because you didn't want to be related to the other people who use the OS? Personally, I could care less about "who" uses the OS that I'm using as long as I like it myself.

DeadSuperHero
July 11th, 2008, 07:09 AM
so are you saying you stopped using the OS because you didn't want to be related to the other people who use the OS? Personally, I could care less about "who" uses the OS that I'm using as long as I like it myself.

No, he meant that he stopped using it because he felt that the community was forcing their ideals on others, and he didn't want to be assosciated with that.

toupeiro
July 11th, 2008, 07:10 AM
You seem to have come to the discussion a little bit late in the game...

You can change the time slot, but this program has been in syndication for quite some time. I dont think what page my post came up on is altogether that important.

Canis familiaris
July 11th, 2008, 07:10 AM
Another point I forgot to mention is that these Linux zealots are much more vocal than most Linux user and if those zealots bash MS, the other users do not interfere even if they do not agree because they know better.
This makes seem the talks of the Linux zealots are in majority when it is not.

linsux
July 11th, 2008, 07:11 AM
linsux, like any other site, has their share of absolutists, apologetics and radicals. I just think this particular banter between linsux posters coming onto ubuntuforums and vice versa and posting against eachother is just childish. Unless you decide to present your case, in a less angsty, more mature manner, (starting with your domainname) I'm not going to waste my time trying to have any serious debate, and I am asking anyone who takes this linux community seriously to consider why linsux would even make a post here.

I've been an admin of Windows, Unix, and Linux Operating systems for the last ten years, I have my position about Microsofts present Operating Systems, server and workstation alike, and present GNU/Linux operating systems, and I've stress tested both to ridiculous ends. I'll help someone with a windows problem as fast as I would a linux problem, but I am not going to represent myself as a part of a community that exists to defame the other, from a personal or professional stance. No matter what caliber of implied tone or vocabulary you choose to conduct yourself with on this site, by your screen name alone, speaking for myself, I think it reflects a real sense of character about you. I wish you luck with your linsux website, and I hope it provides all the content you desire.

Share of radicals? Sure. But, which ones? The ones that write satirical content? I made a post here, because someone asked a question about us, and then it got into a general discussion, this is how general socialization works, right? Are you proposing that we segregate ourselves from each other?

I find your post very flawed and open ended. Not to mention insulting. (Oh, and you're stating the very obvious too).

linsux
July 11th, 2008, 07:15 AM
Your post makes some valid points but......."No matter what calibur of implied tone or vocabulary you choose to conduct yourself with" We've also established that his website is just 'having fun'.:)

Our site is part fun, that is, the satire part. We have a real message, and that is that we do not care for a great part of the Linux Community.

Canis familiaris
July 11th, 2008, 07:16 AM
'having fun' should not happen by hurting sentiments.
I can even argue that the Linux zealots also "have fun" by bashing MS.

Canis familiaris
July 11th, 2008, 07:18 AM
Our site is part fun, that is, the satire part. We have a real message, and that is that we do not care for a great part of the Linux Community.
And this site (ubuntuforums.org) is also part fun and we help even Windows users with their Windows problems.
I seriously doubt that a Linux user can seek Linux help in BSD forum leave alone a Windows or OS X forum.

toupeiro
July 11th, 2008, 07:26 AM
Share of radicals? Sure. But, which ones? The ones that write satirical content? I made a post here, because someone asked a question about us, and then it got into a general discussion, this is how general socialization works, right? Are you proposing that we segregate ourselves from each other?

I find your post very flawed and open ended. Not to mention insulting. (Oh, and you're stating the very obvious too).

Are you saying your site is 100% Satirical content? You speak then for all your members? Are you implying everything you write is satire? What would you call this statement if you consider my comments flawed and open ended? I'm not saying you should do anything different than you currently are on your site. I am saying that satire becomes bad taste when you have to seek out an audience, let alone the very one you ridicule on your site.

If what I said came off as insulting, how do you think your handle comes off to posters and admins who try to contribute to this community supporting a platform your site, in satire or not, completely defames? Do you really expect me to take you seriously when you say your only intention is innocent socialization? If you truly do not care about a great part of the linux community, as you have stated, then I expect your real intentions here are for anything but innocent socialization.

DeadSuperHero
July 11th, 2008, 07:27 AM
And this site (ubuntuforums.org) is also part fun and we help even Windows users with their Windows problems.
I seriously doubt that a Linux user can seek Linux help in BSD forum leave alone a Windows or OS X forum.

It makes you wonder who would be stupid enough to do so?

Oh wait...

Canis familiaris
July 11th, 2008, 07:31 AM
It makes you wonder who would be stupid enough to do so?

Oh wait...

Yes of course. No one would do that but I am only pressing the point that the Linux community could also be very helpful at times, or rather most times.

linsux
July 11th, 2008, 07:36 AM
Are you saying your site is 100% Satirical content? You speak then for all your members? Are you implying everything you write is satyre? What would you call this statement if you consider my comments flawed and open ended? I'm not saying you should do anything different than you currently are on your site. I am saying that satire becomes bad taste when you have to seek out an audience.

If what I said came off as insulting, how do you think your handle comes off to posters and admins who try to contribute to this community supporting a platform your site, in satire or not, completely defames? Do you really expect me to take you seriously when you say your only intention is innocent socialization?

Start making sense please.

All you're doing is randomly attacking now (is this even allowed in the UF community?)

I am saying that satire becomes bad taste when you have to seek out an audience.

Where am I seeking out an audience? Oh, maybe you thought I started this thread? Really now.

My intentions are just as questionable as yours. I mean, you're clearly trying to out verbalize me, which I can actually probably beat you at. You came in flashing your job and such like it actually meant something to anybody. You made a flawed (as in you made it sound like you wanted to segregate the communities) and open ended (as in you said stuff in which I could easily counter) post.

If what I said came off as insulting, how do you think your handle comes off to posters and admins who try to contribute to this community supporting a platform your site, in satire or not, completely defames?

How do the Microsoft Developers and Users feel when you people sit here and defame the operating system they choose? Well, here's a hint, maybe it's a taste of your own damn medicine.

Oh, and by the way, try to keep up with the thread before posting again.

I'm going to go to bed now, since it's 2:30 where I am.

Night Guys.

Canis familiaris
July 11th, 2008, 07:44 AM
How do the Microsoft Developers and Users feel when you people sit here and defame the operating system they choose? Well, here's a hint, maybe it's a taste of your own damn medicine.

And what do Linux users feel when Microsoft spreads the FUD, their CEO calls Linux a cancer and Microsoft intentionally disallow interoperatibility b/w their anhd our environment causing heavy losses to corporates who promote our OS.
No offense please, but one bitter experience with the Linux community does not make it bad. I have hardly seen Windows users being humilated in the Linux forums I visit, though I have only visited this forum as user and the Gentoo forums(as guest)

toupeiro
July 11th, 2008, 07:45 AM
Start making sense please.

All you're doing is randomly attacking now (is this even allowed in the UF community?)

Im not attacking you, I'm trying to rationalize what you are saying.

Where am I seeking out an audience? Oh, maybe you thought I started this thread? Really now.

My intentions are just as questionable as yours. I mean, you're clearly trying to out verbalize me, which I can actually probably beat you at.
You came in flashing your job and such like it actually meant something to anybody. You made a flawed (as in you made it sound like you wanted to segregate the communities) and open ended (as in you said stuff in which I could easily counter) post

Actually, I am not trying to out-verbalize you at all, but if you want to look at it that way, or believe that you could, you can but you will never know because frankly I'm not interested if you can or can't.. I don't really think I flashed my job as if you or anyone else should care about it, but I did use it as a reference to my experience as a user of both systems. This is in my nature. I try not to make a statement for or against something without explaining I have some background on the subject matter. Maybe what I said was open-ended, and that was because it wasn't necessarily written to be a closer statement, just my opinion about this post.

Oh wait, here's a difference, I'm not going on microsoftforums.com with a name like winsux.

Oh, and by the way, try to keep up with the thread before posting again.

oh, I'll try to stay afloat... (psst... satire)

I'm going to go to bed now, since it's 2:30 where I am.

Night Guys.

Goodnight, rest well. (No, thats not satire.)

Jim!
July 11th, 2008, 08:08 AM

Understood, but from some general posts I'm seeing you share many things in common with a lot of the users on this forum (Which is a mostly linux community), namely that we don't take pride in the "Windows Bashings" or general negative (and also stupid) comments towards any OS.The majority of us anyway.

Lord Xeb
July 11th, 2008, 08:17 AM
That site has so much mis information it isn't even funny e_e

Polygon
July 11th, 2008, 08:42 AM
i just took a look, and a good deal of them dont know what they are talking about anyway

from http://linsux.org/index.php?topic=82.0

So, a lot of Linux distros have this thing called Synaptic. It allows users to install software from a library of information, and you know what?

IT'S ******* WRONG!

According to their website:

Synaptic is a useful APT-based tool designed for users to reach into a library to download and install software easily.

LIES! What they don't tell you is simple: You can only download/install what the COMPANY thinks you should have. So, while you can add a number of repositories, they all dictate what you can and can not install. This goes against users rights, they should be able to install WHATEVER THEY WANT!

synaptic is just a front end to apt....it doesnt control what users can install. users can install wahtever the hell they want, either using single debs or adding third party repos.

whatever :roll:

Canis familiaris
July 11th, 2008, 09:20 AM
Great question, Rice!

You see, this miracle tool was invented for webmasters (such as myself) some time ago, this tool is called "referrals"

Most site statistic software comes with a referrals tracker, so whenever you click on a link to my site, I automagically know that you did, and what website you came from! Isn't that neat!? (And creepy).

http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/5969/ugeo2.png

We have this feature on Wordpress as well.

karellen
July 11th, 2008, 11:40 AM
72 members. a thriving community :lolflag:
anyway, this thread goes nowhere. the more you guys talk about the site, the more free advertising it gets. which exactly it's their point
let them be and simply ignore it ;). time is too precious to be wasted on such things
my 0.02$

kevdog
July 11th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Linsux

I get what you are talking about -- M$ sucks, Linux Rules -- spread the pandamonium!

len1x
July 11th, 2008, 11:48 AM
I'd love to see some badass from ubuntuforums bringing that site down :P

fatality_uk
July 11th, 2008, 11:52 AM

Why? If you read the following:
http://www.ubuntu.com/community/ubuntustory/philosophy
As Mel Gibson said, Freedom!!
Linuxsux have the right to be wrong about things and that's fine.

ZarathustraDK
July 11th, 2008, 03:57 PM
'Linux zealotry' is a term muddying up the waters these days. Yeah there are people who you can't leave alone with a windows-computer without them installing linux on it covertly trying to 'spread the message', true. However the term seems to extend (in some peoples minds at least) to people who choose linux first and foremost on a moral basis. I don't think these people deserve the negative moniker 'Linux zealots', unless wishing for a better world is a bad thing.

Like it or not, the Windows-model of how the world should be only benefits a few and stifles innovation to the detriment of all who are not Microsoft. If you agree with a machiavellian ethic like that and live by it, then you're opting for solitude per definition. You're of course entitled to decide on your own ethics.

Just sayin', it's not all about how much bang for the buck you get or the technical specs. The business-perspective is important nowadays, yes (more than it ever was), and it's all nice and dandy when corporate suits break out the spreadsheets to show the TCO of linux, but it's by no means the only valid motivation.

Delever
July 11th, 2008, 04:03 PM
Anything being talked about is better than not being talked about.

KingTermite
July 11th, 2008, 06:09 PM
There exist such sites for each and every thing .. even on this forum, a lot of microsoft-hate goes on and on ..
Lets keep hate to a minimum .. no offence meant but I wudn't waste my time pondering over such sites ..

True that.

Its not like you don't see tons of Windows hate going on over here, not to mention how many websites do think exist just to hate on Microsoft?
http://www.windows-sucks.com/
http://www.microsoftsucks.org/

It's everywhere, so don't even sweat it. Let's just all be adult boys and girls and quit hatin' on things.

Giant Speck
July 11th, 2008, 06:48 PM

That's kind of immature. It's a website, not a terrorist cell or the Westboro Baptist Church website.

Just because they don't like Linux doesn't make them wrong.

linsux
July 11th, 2008, 10:39 PM

Really? Why is that? To justify what you do? Are you really that uncomfortable with the idea that someone might not like something you love? To me, you sound like the type of guy who swears up and down about loving Ubuntu or whatever, but, deep down, you have this little nagging feeling about it that causes you to act in a way like this (attack everyone who disagrees to further justify liking it)

I believe it would be going a little far if someone did. It also makes me wonder exactly what people like you think of me, and the other people at our site, do you think we're somehow not as intelligent? Do you feel that you, and your group is somehow better than mine? Do you think that I wouldn't be able to fix the site within hours of it being knocked over? We've already been attacked once, but my question is, who here, who uses Ubuntu is smart enough to actually hack my site without the aid of programs made by real hackers? I just can't see why any real hackers would use Ubuntu.

Exactly how would that be badass?

Oh, and here's a PM I got from a guy who joined our forums today:

Ever tried linux? How about seeing how much a trojan can do on a linux machine? Just try and build a virus that will run on the linux kernal. I will even be glad to run it on my machine for you. Also, if you can get into the terminal for this sight, type sudo *bad rm command removed*

^That's the kind of people I'm talking about^

Sephoroth
July 11th, 2008, 10:56 PM
I believe it would be going a little far if someone did. It also makes me wonder exactly what people like you think of me, and the other people at our site, do you think we're somehow not as intelligent? Do you feel that you, and your group is somehow better than mine? Do you think that I wouldn't be able to fix the site within hours of it being knocked over? We've already been attacked once, but my question is, who here, who uses Ubuntu is smart enough to actually hack my site without the aid of programs made by real hackers? I just can't see why any real hackers would use Ubuntu.

Though I think it would definitely be going overboard to do something like that, I believe it is also going overboard to create forums dedicated to the sole purpose of ranting against any product. Even so, to me "hacking" such a website is:

1. Against the Linux "principles" which to me include the freedom to use or not to use.
2. Counter productive as it negates any positive opinions towards Linux by non-users.
3. A waste of time as there will always be those who don't like Linux and are vocal about their dislikes.

DougieFresh4U
July 11th, 2008, 10:56 PM
:roll:I believe this has gone on to long, I say PLEASE end this discussion. :evil:

fatality_uk
July 11th, 2008, 11:16 PM
I do like this notice at the bottom of the site

Most Online Today: 16. Most Online Ever: 34 (June 06, 2008, 03:47:39 PM)

This gives you an idea of how small the userbase is for their "offerings".

wolfen69
July 11th, 2008, 11:28 PM
i think it is pretty sad that someone started a website that promotes hate and FUD. and then, for someone to become a mod over there to help promote hatred and lies, instead of doing something usefull in life is even more sad. do they think they are going to change the world? are millions of people going to stop using linux because these people have nothing better to do? linsux, you must be 12 yrs old living in your moms basement. it must make you feel real important. i laugh at people like you. keep on hating bro, it will eat you up in the end.

i despise microsoft more than cancer, but for the most part i keep it to myself and would never join an anti-microsoft forum. life is too short.

Twitch6000
July 11th, 2008, 11:33 PM
Wow I come back home my laptop is messed up(stupid viruses :/).
Then I use a friends computer to check up a few favorite sites and see this.
I also see they are having fun making fun of me on their site lmfao.
Well anyways for anyone thinking that is me on that site,it is not.
Although I do find it funny how they must use another persons name and tarnish it,make their site worth posting on lmfao.

Ok I am through,last time I posted about their site I became very immature =/.

linsux
July 11th, 2008, 11:36 PM
i think it is pretty sad that someone started a website that promotes hate and FUD. and then, for someone to become a mod over there to help promote hatred and lies, instead of doing something usefull in life is even more sad. do they think they are going to change the world? are millions of people going to stop using linux because these people have nothing better to do? linsux, you must be 12 yrs old living in your moms basement. it must make you feel real important. i laugh at people like you. keep on hating bro, it will eat you up in the end.

i despise microsoft more than cancer, but for the most part i keep it to myself and would never join an anti-microsoft forum. life is too short.

I'm a little older than you think.

Do I think I will change the world? Nope.
Are people going to stop using Windows because they have nothing better to do? I love your flawed logic.

You laugh at people like me? You sound very bitter.
I'm hating, but you're hating just as much, the only difference is that you're hating on me, and I'm hating on people like you, the difference is that you hating me is more accepted than the reverse.

Please refrain from using derogatory comments about me, I'd rather not see this turn into a fight.

paul101
July 11th, 2008, 11:39 PM
@linsux, you have inspired me to ditch ubuntu, i'm going to shred my hard drive and install vista, the god of all os's as i love it

one problem, can you send me a gig of ram pleeeeeeeeeeeeease :lol:

phaed
July 11th, 2008, 11:41 PM
Just a cursory review of that site reveals a lack of understanding or willful misinformation. Take this user's post as an example:

So, a lot of Linux distros have this thing called Synaptic. It allows users to install software from a library of information, and you know what?

IT'S F**KING WRONG!

According to their website:

Synaptic is a useful APT-based tool designed for users to reach into a library to download and install software easily.

LIES! What they don't tell you is simple: You can only download/install what the COMPANY thinks you should have. So, while you can add a number of repositories, they all dictate what you can and can not install. This goes against users rights, they should be able to install WHATEVER THEY WANT!

Yes, you can only download and install prepared packages from a limited LIBRARY. However, you're free to compile other software from source. So you can install whatever you want within the limitations of software portability.

Wait. Windows Vista doesn't let you install .deb packages. That goes against a user's rights!

linsux
July 11th, 2008, 11:42 PM
@linsux, you have inspired me to ditch ubuntu, i'm going to shred my hard drive and install vista, the god of all os's as i love it

one problem, can you send me a gig of ram pleeeeeeeeeeeeease :lol:

Heh, good one. I still use and recommend XP. So, instead of installing Vista, I would recommend you install XP for the time being.

Glad I converted you, now get to it (wink wink, nudge nudge).

fatality_uk
July 11th, 2008, 11:43 PM

Are people going to stop using Windows because they have nothing better to do? I love your flawed logic.

I'm hating, but you're hating just as much, the only difference is that you're hating on me, and I'm hating on people like you, the difference is that you hating me is more accepted than the reverse.

Please refrain from using derogatory comments about me, I'd rather not see this turn into a fight.

Please don't mis-quote people or suggest that the post you quoted was directed at yourself. It was a generalization, just as there are many on your own web site. I read nothing in it directing hate towards yourself.

But nice attempt to manipulate the situation to become more inflammatory.

linsux
July 11th, 2008, 11:46 PM
Please don't mis-quote people or suggest that the post you quoted was directed at yourself. It was a generalization, just as there are many on your own web site. I read nothing in it directing hate towards yourself.

But nice attempt to manipulate the situation to become more inflammatory.

i laugh at people like you. keep on hating bro, it will eat you up in the end.

Exactly which part did I misquote? I was replying to that.

fatality_uk
July 11th, 2008, 11:53 PM
Exactly which part did I misquote? I was replying to that.

Well if you care to take the time to read it, he says he laughs at you. Hate mentioned? No.

i laugh at people like you. condescending, yes! Hatred, no.

keep on hating bro is obviously directed at yourself, as in instruction.

So a simple analysis, suggests you mis-quoted!

DeadSuperHero
July 11th, 2008, 11:58 PM

Perhaps you should practice what you preach, and stop posting inflammatory comments yourself.

After all, someone has to stop, in order to get others to stop. And it might as well be the one who is trying to push it further.

Jim!
July 11th, 2008, 11:58 PM
This has just become stupid. UF Member: "You mis-quoted" Linsux Guy: "No, you mis-quoted". Let's try and keep on topic and in-line with what the original OP asked "Whats the deal with linsux.org?"

linsux
July 11th, 2008, 11:59 PM
Well if you care to take the time to read it, he says he laughs at you. Hate mentioned? No.

condescending, yes! Hatred, no.

is obviously directed at yourself, as in instruction.

You need to reread my post. You seem to have misread it. I was talking about hate, as in he sounded very hateful to people such as myself, it's quite obvious isn't it? I mean, seriously, I have no idea what point you're trying to get across, or what you think that I should do. Anybody understand exactly what he means?

LaRoza
July 12th, 2008, 12:00 AM
I think this has gone on long enough...

If the OP hasn't been answered by now, it never will.

Try to keep things respectful at all times, and you can (mis) quote me on that.