PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a really cheap laptop???

PHATSPEED7x
July 10th, 2008, 09:21 PM
www.unbeatenvalues.com

I ordered the HP nc6000 about two weeks ago. The only thing bad about this site is the ship dates. Mine won't ship til the first of Auguest (and now if you order it won't ship until date shown on site). I figured for $125 if it works I got a pretty good deal.

T2manner
July 10th, 2008, 09:44 PM
Wow.
Those are some amazing deals.
Too bad they aren't brand new or I would buy one :P
Plus most are old and slow.

era86
July 10th, 2008, 09:56 PM
Site looks kind of questionable...

VitaLiNux
July 10th, 2008, 10:14 PM
Site looks kind of questionable...

Really... Scary! I'd rather go to 3B4y...

jwkolberg
July 10th, 2008, 11:40 PM
they are very cheap but sorta outdated, only pentium M's

Hope it's not sketchy, make sure and post if anything goes wrong to warn others.

WebDawg
August 17th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Did you end up getting it?

billgoldberg
August 17th, 2008, 09:55 PM
they are very cheap but sorta outdated, only pentium M's

Hope it's not sketchy, make sure and post if anything goes wrong to warn others.

My 1.8ghz pentium M still handles Ubuntu with all it's eye candy very well.

Unless you are planning on doing serious multitasking or heavy processes on them, you'll be fine with an Pentium M.

Babbage
August 17th, 2008, 10:30 PM
Hey they're good prices, but the site does look kinda dodgy. I hope it works out for you. I don't agree at all that those laptops are old or slow, they look relatively modern and up to date to me, for reburbished machines. That's if you get whats pictured on the web site. I'd love to know how your order goes, and if you are happy with the product. If please post back when you get your laptop. :)

kool_kat_os
August 17th, 2008, 10:35 PM
hehe.....im using a mac book pro i got last week on sunday($2700...but...its AWSOME IMO)