PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] KDE Menu - Most Used Applications - how to specify how many entries

fizzybrain
July 10th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Can anyone tell me where I can adjust the number of items in the Most Used Applications" section of the K-menu?

Having got used to it in Debian, I switched on the "Most Used Applications" section which appears in the K-menu. I'm pretty sure I got to specify how many lines that section can take up. Now that I have added some items to the other sections I'd like to decrease the number of entries in "Most Used Applications", but for the life of me I can't remember or find out where to do it.
Anyone?
Share and Enjoy,

todak
July 10th, 2008, 03:31 PM
Right-click on the Panel/Kicker/Taskbar/Dock (or whatever you prefer to call it :smile:) and choose configure. In the window that appears, there is a selection for the menus. Near the bottom is a control to adjust the number of frequently or recently used programs.

fizzybrain
July 10th, 2008, 03:37 PM
Ah-ha! There it is. :-D
It definitely wasn't there the last time I looked. There is clearly some special feature that hides that option until you've spent enough time looking for a solution on the forums (in order to encourage the user to learn more about their system and get engaged with the community) ....
Ta

Share and Enjoy