PDA

View Full Version : Old Versions from the repos...

xequence
November 3rd, 2005, 02:41 AM
Is there any way to get an older version of something from the repos? For example id like to try KDE from 2002 or something ;)

On a different note, I am on windows right now and the bottom bar has frozen on me. I wish I could open up a terminal and type in "killall windows-taskbar" or something and have it restart ;)

On a different note, a question. Linux and Free/Net/OpenBSD are unix-like OSes. Is there any way to have like pure, normal old unix with a gnome desktop and such? Has anyone done this before?

mlomker
November 3rd, 2005, 03:23 AM
Is there any way to get an older version of something from the repos? For example id like to try KDE from 2002 or something ;)

Not from a repo but you may be able to find an .iso from somewhere.

On a different note, I am on windows right now and the bottom bar has frozen on me. I wish I could open up a terminal and type in "killall windows-taskbar" or something and have it restart ;)

Typically Ctrl-alt-del will get you to the task manager and then you can kill explorer.exe. If you really want to kill things from a command line then you can download pstools (http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/PsTools.html) and do so.