PDA

View Full Version : How the tides turn..

Xyem
July 10th, 2008, 11:42 AM
As I am sure many of you are familiar with the situation, I am a gamer ( not "hardcore" but I do enjoy it ) which basically makes Windows a necessity. I'm also fairly lazy so, despite the fact that my system is dual-boot, I'd spend most of my time in Windows because I couldn't be bothered to reboot all the time.

Until recently..

Now I am beta testing 2 games from Linux Game Publishing and, on top of that, writing my own game.. all in Linux. So now I spend most of my time in Linux ( I haven't even fixed GRUB's configuration to boot Windows properly ). And you know what..?

I'm loving it :D :guitar:

barbedsaber
July 10th, 2008, 11:51 AM
good to hear.
You just brightened my day a little. :KS

Xyem
August 25th, 2008, 12:42 AM
I had made the switch before the summer shutdown so for an entire 3 weeks, I had used Ubuntu absolutely completely exclusively.

Then I returned to my work computer ( Windows XP ) .... my eyes!!

Everything looked grotesque. Even at the TFT's native resolution ( 17" @ 1280x1024 ) everything looked huge and pixelated! The colour scheme looked like someone closed their eyes and picked colours at random.

I never knew it looked so bad until I hadn't seen it for a while..

I still haven't had any withdrawal symptoms. Even when these game beta's are over.. Ubuntu will probably still hold the highest percentage of runtime of my PC by a long shot :)