PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu cant seem to find partitions made by PS3!

emshains
July 10th, 2008, 09:23 AM
I downloaded the special PS3 install CD, burned it on a DVD, so PS3 can read it. I formated the hard drive from PS3 alloting 10gb for PS3 with quick format, and in many web-pages about "How-to install linux on PS3", they say quick format will do just as well as full format, but it will be faster, a hell of a lot faster if you'd ask me. So I put my CD into the drive, go into the "other OS", press enter and ubuntu 8.04 PS3 installation starts, I get to choose the name and all that kind of stuff and it all goes pretty good (just like an alternative Hardy install) until I get to partition it. It only sees one big 37gb drive with no partitions on it. I tried to do "automatic partitioning", hoping it will work and it will see the PS3 OS, even though as I read its bugged.
I really dont know how to partition a drive, so it wont delete everything thats on it right now, and I dont want to loose PS3-OS, because you cant play that much games on ubuntu itself, and it wont have the performance in gaming.
Should I "full-format" the drive from the ps3?