PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problem Reinstalling Ubuntu 8.04

KeybladeSephi
July 10th, 2008, 06:36 AM
Hello all; I have the desktop edition of Ubuntu 8.04 and when I put the disk in, click on the icon, and click on "umenu.exe", the menu pops up with no errors. I click on Demo and Full Installation in hopes of reinstalling Ubuntu from the Live CD. If I click on Reboot now, my computer does NOTHING. When I click on I want to manually reboot later, and reboot, nothing happens; it just goes to my already installed Ubuntu. When I click on Help me boot from CD, everything is fine, but again, when it asks me to reboot now or later, either choice doesn't do anything. Could anyone help me with this problem? I have an error with the Ubuntu I'm using right now; the desktop effects don't work, I can't uninstall, reinstall, or install any programs (here is the thread that I have started about my problem with installing things (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=5325162) [I'm assuming that might be the problem of why I cannot reinstall Ubuntu]), and whenever it boots up, it cannot detect my graphics card. Thanks

Partyboi2
July 10th, 2008, 08:08 AM
If you used wubi to install ubuntu, you can reinstall by running wubi.exe

KeybladeSephi
July 10th, 2008, 04:27 PM
I have already installed Ubuntu with Wubi on my C:\ drive in wine. When I try to install it on my Z:\ drive, it isn't able to open and extract the files.