PDA

View Full Version : would you buy this?

wolfen69
July 10th, 2008, 04:55 AM
http://newhaven.craigslist.org/sys/749113953.html just wondering what everyone thinks.

tamoneya
July 10th, 2008, 04:58 AM
no

for stuff like that i prefer to just pull them out of the dump. Also I often pick things up from friends when I give them computer support. If they get a new computer they need somewhere to offload there old one. Typically that is me.

kool_kat_os
July 10th, 2008, 05:02 AM
i have an 8200 and it is slow as hell...and ram it way to expensive...

they look they same.

wolfen69
July 10th, 2008, 06:08 AM
i have an 8200 and it is slow as hell...and ram it way to expensive...

they look they same.

ram is free, if you know where to look.

LaRoza
July 10th, 2008, 06:15 AM
Yes. It is a pretty good deal, although you shouldn't expect a lot. It says it will come with the XP pro disk for it, which is a pretty good offer as well.

The price isn't overly inflated and it seems like it will run ok.

I would try to haggle of course, but the asking price, $70, isn't bad.

EDIT: Note: I changed "is bad" to "isn't bad". A typo.

wolfen69
July 10th, 2008, 06:29 AM
the ad, as observed, is my ad. i sell used computers on craiglist. i just wanted to get a feel for what other people thought. i know that people on here would be a tough sell, but on craigslist i have no problem. every computer ive had for sale has sold. i might have to go down 10$, but i think i give a good value.

isaacj87
July 10th, 2008, 06:47 AM
the ad, as observed, is my ad. i sell used computers on craiglist. i just wanted to get a feel for what other people thought. i know that people on here would be a tough sell, but on craigslist i have no problem. every computer ive had for sale has sold. i might have to go down 10$, but i think i give a good value.

Hmmm...$70 seems fair to me. I'd buy it. :D

LaRoza
July 10th, 2008, 06:49 AM

I edited my post to fix a typo. (It is a common typo for me, sorry)

If you'd be willing to ship to PA, we could talk over PM...

p_quarles
July 10th, 2008, 06:52 AM
(It is a common typo for me, sorry)
Is this a riddle?

LaRoza
July 10th, 2008, 07:05 AM
Is this a riddle?

The line in my previous post:

I would try to haggle of course, but the asking price, $70, isn't bad.

I originally truncated the "n't" from the "is". I do that often, unfortunately, and it completely changes the meaning of the sentence.

grossaffe
July 10th, 2008, 07:15 AM
my current desktop is a newer model of those big ol' black-cased dells. upgraded the system one bit at a time. started with a 2 Ghz processor with 256 MB ram and onboard memmory. now its a 2.8 GHz processor with 1GB ram and an nVidia Geforce 5500 FX. total cost- $0

wolfen69
July 10th, 2008, 07:20 AM
originally by Laroza
I originally truncated the "n't" from the "is". I do that often, unfortunately, and it completely changes the meaning of the sentence.

can you take your fight somewhere else?

wolfen69
July 10th, 2008, 07:22 AM
my current desktop is a newer model of those big ol' black-cased dells. upgraded the system one bit at a time. started with a 2 Ghz processor with 256 MB ram and onboard memmory. now its a 2.8 GHz processor with 1GB ram and an nVidia Geforce 5500 FX. total cost- $0

that's because you are smart. computers like that can be sold, though.

LaRoza
July 10th, 2008, 07:27 AM
can you take your fight somewhere else?

What fight?

I meant to say the price isn't bad, when I had originally written that it "is bad". It is a good price although I stated if I were to buy it I would haggle.

If you are interested, PM me (I live in PA)

wolfen69
July 10th, 2008, 07:33 AM
sure i'll sell it to you if you are willing to drive to stratford ct. no hard feelings laroza, its cool.

dracule
July 10th, 2008, 07:40 AM
sure i'll sell it to you if you are willing to drive to stratford ct. no hard feelings laroza, its cool.

lol cost of comp $70

cost of gas to get comp: $70

grossaffe
July 10th, 2008, 08:23 AM
that's because you are smart. computers like that can be sold, though.

amazingly, it really was my brains that got me much of it. the computer itself I got from my school from passing my A+ certification test. The Processor and RAM I got from my job where I worked as a computer technician. There would be spare parts taken out of old machines that I was given free-reign to scavenge. The video card I got from a friend who already had a much better one.