PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] I have never needed help before, but I'm desperate. *PowerISO* issue

Screwup
July 10th, 2008, 03:36 AM
Hi.

I've never posted before tonight, on anything. But I need help, bad. Feel free to speak your minds, it's obvious I am a noob in need of proper education, and I thank you for any help you can throw my way.

Ok. I'm using PowerISO v.3.3, and I know it works, because it installed properly once before. The machine is an HP running Vista Home ed.

I have a copy of CS3 master collection in 4 ISO files, and I need to reinstall it. Problem is, the installation gets to Disk 2, and requests that I load it from my C drive. Which is obviously my own hard drive. I have copies of the ISO files on DVD, and also on an external hdd. Wherever I load them from, they are loaded on PowerISO's fake drive image (J:) and show as "[J:]K:\fileB.iso" or "[J:]E:\fileB.iso", etc. I even put the files on the C drive, to see if they'd work from there. No go.

For some reason Adobe thinks, no matter how many times I mount and unmount the image to make ABSOLUTELY SURE that it knows it's coming from somewhere OTHER than my hard drive, that the files are coming from the same drive it's installing to.

Help?