PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu Setup Help

JfaSho
July 9th, 2008, 11:23 PM
I'm sure you guys have seen this i've google'd it numerous times but I cant seem to get a correct answer this problem

Ubuntu Setup
"Could not access the CD, Please make sure other applications are not trying to use it and try again"

This is this install from from windows adding Ubuntu as a second OS, if anyone can give me an accurate correction I'd highly appreciate it.

My fix's ive tried.
I put all of the entire Ubuntu Cd in a directory on my computer. Ran it from that dir' and still no fix.

~newbie to ubuntu

upchucky
July 9th, 2008, 11:42 PM
you cant install ubuntu while in windows, unless you are doing a virtual box setup. but since that is not the case, you gotta have a live boot cd, make sure you can boot from your cd drive.

do you have a partition for ubuntu yet?
if yes, then put ubuntu live cd in drive
turn pc off
turn pc on
live cd should boot with ubuntu
select install if you are already convinced that you want ubuntu installed,
if you want to be able to dual boot windows and ubuntu then make sure you tell the install to install on the partition and not the entire disk

look for information here for grub issues if you have made an error and cant get none or either os to boot, all is not lost, it is just missing infor to be able to boot both, search for grub solutions if this happens.

it is an easy fix if you follow instructions in the various forums posts.