PDA

View Full Version : xubuntu give up on pulseAudio?

Ioky
July 9th, 2008, 10:18 AM
well, I don't know how many of you actually try the the new 8.04.1 install Live CD. I am happen to be one. ==.==! yeah, I really looks like this after I give it a try. haha. anyway, get back to the point. If I am not mistaking, I think the original xubuntu are ship with pulseAudio. But on this 8.04.1 release. pulseAudio are gone. right, it is gone, and along with it. A LOT OF PROBLEMS. no kidding. for example. the default output of audacious come with ubuntu use pulseAudio, but since it is gone. audacious playing. after couple minute of trouble shooting. I found out that pulseAudio are gone. I try to install all the pulseAudio package to try to give it working, but no lucky. well, that is like 4 at the morning so I just give up. The thing really bothering me is that there is a lot of software that is default to use pulseAudio, but since it is gone. none of them work out of the box. and I need to go dig each one out, and fit it one by one. Nothing complex but it is really annoying. I never have this kind of problem with the original release.

madjr
July 9th, 2008, 11:04 AM
oh