PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] xubuntu upgrade 7.10 to 8.04 (mouse clicks / terminal breaks)

wakamol
July 8th, 2008, 11:40 PM
Greetings,

I upgraded from Xubuntu 7.10 (which ran like a champ!) to 8.04 awhile ago. Since this time there has been some flakiness in the XFCE window manager I can't quite work out.

* all drop down menus (including the applications button) will not work.

* to access the applications menu, you can right click it, and then left click it. To make this work I had to copy the default menu.xml file to my profile though. Otherwise, no access to the applications menu was there.

* opening a terminal and typing will not display text. If you change window focus and come back to the terminal your text is displayed. Or, if you type and press enter your commands are taken. You just can't see what you typed. And the terminal window seems "broken"...it opens fully and then shifts so that the scroll bar on the right side sort of moves to the center of the terminal window.

I installed Xubuntu 7.10 and everything worked amazing. I was considering making this my OS of choice and migrating all of my administered stations. The upgrade to 8.04 seems to have "broken/manipulated" basic user functions though.

I've been searching the web for multiple days without resolution. Any and all help is most appreciated.

Thank you very much