PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Thunar has GNOME 'foot' logo?

fredmv
July 8th, 2008, 09:28 PM
Hi all,

This isn't really a problem in the least, and at the risk of sounding rather nit-pickish, why in the world does Thunar have a [very small] GNOME logo in the top-right corner? It just doesn't add up to me. Not trying to create any kind of conspiracy theories here, but it would seem it doesn't belong. Despite seemingly complete irrelevance, it could be argued this is an inconsistency in the GUI. Thanks for any insight.

Running Xfce/4.4 under Hardy.

July 9th, 2008, 04:26 AM
I'm pretty sure Xfce is just a stripped down version of gnome to run on lower specs, and not it's own windows manager.

mcduck
July 9th, 2008, 07:45 AM
I'm pretty sure Xfce is just a stripped down version of gnome to run on lower specs, and not it's own windows manager.

Hahahaha.. Tell that to XFCE developers.. :D

Anyway, the logo is part of the icon theme you are using, not a part of Thunar. As most icon themes are made with Gnome in mind they also use the Gnome logo.

gladstone
August 3rd, 2008, 10:00 AM
Haha, I've always wondered this aswell. Cheers

ellgor
August 3rd, 2008, 06:23 PM
Hi,

It could be the distro or similar, mine doesn't show the gnome logo, it does have its own pixmaps in /usr/share/pixmaps/Thunar but like I said it could be the manager of the moment (mine being Fluxbox).

Regards, Ellgor.