PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] USB Mouse Scroll & Headphone output

muks
July 8th, 2008, 07:59 AM
Hi everyone,

I am running Ubuntu 8.04 Desktop edition using VMware Player with WinXP as my Host OS and Ubuntu as Guest OS.

I´ve following problems:
with my USB mouse:
The left & right click is working properly but the middle scroll key is not functioning at all. How can i enable the scroll feature.

with my Headphones:
Sound Output is coming from the in-built speakers but not from the headphones. It works fine in Windows XP.

How can i fix these 2 issues.

Thanks,
Muks

muks
July 9th, 2008, 07:49 AM
c´mon guys. I wasnt expecting such a cold response from the Ubuntu users.

kaola_linux
July 9th, 2008, 07:54 AM
Hi everyone,

Thanks,
Muks

I am running Ubuntu 8.04 Desktop edition using VMware Player with WinXP as my Host OS and Ubuntu as Guest OS.

I´ve following problems:
with my USB mouse:
The left & right click is working properly but the middle scroll key is not functioning at all. How can i enable the scroll feature.

with my Headphones:
Sound Output is coming from the in-built speakers but not from the headphones. It works fine in Windows XP.

hello friend, u just have to wait for a while coz there are alot of posts out there..hehe

With regards to your problem, I think that USB mouse should work I'm using one at my house but not now..hehe..If that happens just go to the mouse configure..I think it's in the System / Advance menu I'm just not sure bout that but you just check ok?

Headphones doesn't have drivers (usually) they are just plug and play devices...Just check your sound controls and make sure the volume is up and not muted..

hope that helps..
How can i fix these 2 issues.

kaola_linux
July 9th, 2008, 07:56 AM
sorry for ruining the quote, I have misedited it..sorry:)

muks
July 9th, 2008, 08:12 AM
I think that USB mouse should work

My USB mouse is working but its SCROLL function is not working.

Headphones doesn't have drivers (usually) they are just plug and play devices...

Does that mean weĺl never be able to use Headphones in Linux??

Just check your sound controls and make sure the volume is up and not muted..
Voice is coming from in-built speakers so i guess sound driver is there.

kaola_linux
July 9th, 2008, 10:02 AM
No, I mean they usually work without any drivers at all they have a jack which you can just put it on the audio input at the IO parts of your pc at the back...Make sure you put the headphone jack properly at the back and at the right color...Usually it is at the middly with a color of green...

Try also installing VMWare tools they have some additional softwares and adds functionality on your guest OS...

Gud Luck...

muks
September 6th, 2008, 08:06 AM
How to install VMWare tools??

My mouse and headphones work perfectly on my other PC in which I've installed Ubuntu 8.04 as a dual-boot OS.