PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] acceleration restricts native aspect ratio and resolution from working

trossthree
July 8th, 2008, 07:55 AM
Greetings

I have a Nvidia 5600 ultra video card and a Westinghouse Wide screen LCD monitor. My native resolution is 1440x900 and it works fine except when I enable the 3d acceleration. When I enable the 3d acceleration I lose my native aspect ratio which is wide screen and my resolution will not set any higher than 640x480.

overdrank
July 8th, 2008, 01:08 PM
Greetings

I have a Nvidia 5600 ultra video card and a Westinghouse Wide screen LCD monitor. My native resolution is 1440x900 and it works fine except when I enable the 3d acceleration. When I enable the 3d acceleration I lose my native aspect ratio which is wide screen and my resolution will not set any higher than 640x480.

Hi and have you installed nvidia settings via synaptic manager. Then use the alt, F2 keys and enter the command
gksu nvidia-settings then adjust your resolution there.

bimmerd00d
July 8th, 2008, 07:06 PM
in Compizconfig settings manager, make sure in General Options, Display Options that "Detect Outputs" is either checked, or the proper resolution is in the bottom area.