PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Sony USB Pendrive MP3 Player Issues

Tubes6al4v
July 8th, 2008, 02:28 AM
I bought the Sony NWZ-B105F USB Pendrive MP3 Player before I moved over to Hardy (From Vista 64-bit). In Vista, I did not have any problems and used Real Player to manage my audio files as well as transferring them to the MP3 Player.

The first time I attempted to use the device in Hardy, it mounted up fine, but would not allow me to delete or add files. This MP3 player is supposed to just be drag and drop. When I attempted to boot the Player on it's own, it locked up. Booting it back into Vista, I reinstalled the software (deleting the files on it). After that, dragging and dropping worked, but the player would lock up occasionally until fully recharged.

This time, it just shut off in the middle of an audio book (interestingly it was Orwell's 1984). After charging, it still will not boot. It will be on for little over a second before shutting off. I have removed Vista from my system (it was time) and thus cannot just synchronize with RealPlayer (Real in Linux is only a media player, not for synchronizing). I have not been able to find information on this Device in Linux.

If you have any suggestions, please help. Thank you.

mahboop
July 11th, 2008, 03:18 PM
hi
--
you may use "Rythmbox Music Player" for synchronizing your music into your music player

--
have a nice day