PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] can't burn DVD-R in ubuntu (w/ Brasero & GnomeBaker)

lasing all day
July 8th, 2008, 01:57 AM
I can't get Ubuntu to burn DVD's on my Dell Inspiron 6000. At first I could not get it to play DVD's either, but after I found a way to install libdvdcss2 it worked. I'm using 8.04 for the Ubuntu version, for a 32-bit computer. Also, I tried with Brasero and GnomeBaker. These seem to be the best DVD burning apps out there. The device I physically burn is always a DVD-R and what I have on stock now is Memorex brand DVD-R.

How do I get my computer to burn for this Memorex DVD-R?

wolfen69
July 8th, 2008, 03:19 AM
try K3B (the best IMO)

lasing all day
July 12th, 2008, 11:49 PM
I'm using K3b and I put the .avi file I have in the VIDEO_TS directory (there are two directories, VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS) when I went to make a video dvd. The errors are two yellow-colored, less serious looking ones that say 1. The project does not contain all necessary VideoDVD files. 2. The resulting DVD will most likely not be playable on a HiFi DVD player. Then there is one error that is red-colored and more serious looking. It says "Could not determine size of resulting image file". What do I do to fix this?

lasing all day
July 13th, 2008, 12:59 AM
Also I tried to make a .iso and burn that image file. I can make the .iso and the checksum part works, but when I go to do the actual burning I get an error saying either the media is unformated or unsupported. So I read along on the web and it sounds like a DVD-R could not be formatted because it is blank and without a filesystem. Does this just mean Memorex DVD-R's are not supported by K3b? If that is the problem, what DVD-R's, or any media for that matter, should I buy to be able to burn some .iso's with K3b?

cetheriel
August 16th, 2008, 01:24 PM
that is not the matter, there is no difference (shouldn't be any) between dvd-r media. i don't know what is the problem, but it is not the media. try downloading a dvd iso (of ubuntu, say) and try to burn it with gnomebaker or k3b. don't bother with brasero, it was just hardy's bad idea of an app. (design is good, software is bad)