PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Wireless connection not working

lwo143
July 8th, 2008, 01:44 AM
Hello,

I am VERY new at this so please bear with me. I am trying to connect to the internet using my wireless connection but I have no network connections available. When I create a new one using my info it attempts to connect but then nothing happens. Any suggestions?

Thanks so much

coggins
July 8th, 2008, 02:31 AM
I'm not too much of an expert on this, but plenty of people here are. To get the best help, please give us as much detail as possible. Please post the output of

lshw -C network

(By which I mean open Applications/Accessories/Terminal and paste that command in (Ctrl-Shift-V or Shift-Ins or Right-Click/Paste.))

Also what can you tell us about the network you are trying to connect to: is it secured with WEP or WPA; is the SSID hidden? etc..

ZabiGG
July 9th, 2008, 05:30 AM
Hi,

since you don't mention which card you're using, here's a list of how-tos (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=820667&highlight=newbie+%28n00b%29) I've compiled to help. I sincerely hope they help.

Very good luck to you,

Z.

Should you want starter information to get the most out of Ubuntu, please click on "Look here" in my signature below for great informative links.