PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] I Dont Want to Upgrade

Jackarow
July 7th, 2008, 10:06 PM
If I choose not to install a package or its upgrades, how do I prevent the Package Manager from displaying these upgrades in the future?

For example, I'm a Hardy user. When their is a new package or upgrade available, a notification icon is displayed in the upper-right portion of my desktop. To view the available update or package, I can click on this icon. My wish is that list of upgrades to which this icon leads no longer displays items which I've previously chosen not to download such as Pidgin.

Any help or suggestions are welcome.

stchman
July 7th, 2008, 11:03 PM
If I choose not to install a package or its upgrades, how do I prevent the Package Manager from displaying these upgrades in the future?

For example, I'm a Hardy user. When their is a new package or upgrade available, a notification icon is displayed in the upper-right portion of my desktop. To view the available update or package, I can click on this icon. My wish is that list of upgrades to which this icon leads no longer displays items which I've previously chosen not to download such as Pidgin.

Any help or suggestions are welcome.

I do not think that the update manager has that ability.

What you can do is go into Synaptic and lock the version to which you are using right now and don't want to upgrade. This way the update manager will not even display an update for that pakcage.

Jackarow
July 8th, 2008, 02:03 AM
Would a request for feature be appropriate?

ubuntuguru
July 8th, 2008, 03:04 AM
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=453924 shows you how to manually disable packages