PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] "Movie Making" (Video Editing)

ZOOstation
July 7th, 2008, 09:06 PM
What's the preferred program for video editing? When I was on Windows I used Adobe Premier Pro. The generally preferred Mac app is Final Cut.

I have a video I'd like to play with: specifically chop off the beginning and replace the sound in the second half. I've tried a few programs with little success. Pitivi Video Editor seems like it might be able to do what I want, but always locks up shortly after I begin. Avidemux was producing mixed results: some videos were fine, some videos would have no sound, some videos wouldn't show the first few seconds of footage, all of them had trouble dragging the search bar.

Creative2
July 7th, 2008, 09:08 PM
i am actually using
blender very stable and very nice program for 3d but even as video sequence editor
some time i use kdenlive (a bit buggy)

TenPlus1
July 7th, 2008, 09:43 PM
Two programs may help you, both available at www.getdeb.net

Avidemux = video converter
Kino = video editor

stwert
July 22nd, 2008, 01:02 AM
I'm also looking for good video editing software. I used premier elements in windows previously, and I've had a quick look at Kino and Pitivi, though I haven't actually used them. It seems like these are more in line with something like Windows Movie Maker, and I'm wanting something with a bit more control/options/complexity.
Thanks.

PS Does anyone know what Premier is like on Wine? I've had problems with premier crashing and losing projects in windows itself, so I'm a bit hesitant to add another layer of instability, so to speak.