PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] messes up xorg file display is messed up NEED HELP!!

stone4419
July 7th, 2008, 08:05 PM
Hi,
I just started using Ubuntu and I dual boot it with XP and I have 2 monitors. I spent a long time setting up Ubuntu with compiz making it look nice and yesterday i researched how to set it up to use multiple screens. So I found a guide (i tihnk it was for something called TwinView i dont rememebr) and it told me to go to the xorg file and edit it, so i did so ended up completely messing it up and unfortunately i didnt make a backup file. So i have no idea what to do to get it back to the way it was. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-Mike

overdrank
July 8th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Hi,
I just started using Ubuntu and I dual boot it with XP and I have 2 monitors. I spent a long time setting up Ubuntu with compiz making it look nice and yesterday i researched how to set it up to use multiple screens. So I found a guide (i tihnk it was for something called TwinView i dont rememebr) and it told me to go to the xorg file and edit it, so i did so ended up completely messing it up and unfortunately i didnt make a backup file. So i have no idea what to do to get it back to the way it was. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-Mike

Hi and welcome, I am assuming you are using a nvidia graphics card and what version of Ubuntu are you using? You should have been able to use the nvidia settings.