PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] print button disabled in Hardy

misja
July 7th, 2008, 12:55 PM
I have upgraded my pc from Gutsy to Hardy, and now when I press 'print' to print something, the print dialog that comes up that lets me select a printer has my 'print' button disabled.
In Gutsy everything still worked fine; also when I go to administration-Printing and I print a test page it comes out fine. In Opera I can still print as well.
The applications that have the 'print' button disabled in the print dialog are for instance Gedit, Document viewer (for pdf's) and Firefox. Basicly everything that uses the standard Gnome print dialog.

Does anybody know how I could fix this?

VMC
July 7th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Maybe your printer is not setup. Go to "System > Administration > Printing" and check the status.

Edit. okay, the how about the Device URI? Is it correct?

misja
July 8th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Yeah the device URI is correct. It still was working last week before I upgraded and I haven't changed it.
Also I have just copied a printer configuration from a colleague who is also using Hardy (and doesn't have my problem), but on my pc again the Print button is disabled ...

misja
July 9th, 2008, 08:06 AM
So nobody knows? Does anybody know where I should look (which logfiles and where) so that I could perhaps solve this problem by myself?

lunatico
August 27th, 2008, 04:05 PM
Having the same issue here. From Firefox it is always disabled. My work around is to print to a pdf file and then print the pdf with evience. But with evience the same issue sometimes happen. Very confusing...
Anyone?

jonas.eberle
March 31st, 2009, 06:12 PM
===========================================
I had the same problem in Hardy.
Only the GTK-print dialog is affected, I can print fine from KDE-programs.

system-config-printer shows the printer, test page works fine.

The machine is setup to print via CUPS. Printer is a HP LaserJet 2100. It is connected via Parallel Port, the URI is hp:/par/HP_LaserJet_2100_Series?device=/dev/parport0.

============================================

I edited /etc/cups/cupsd.conf:

in <policy default>
for SEND-DOCUMENT
edit "user @OWNER @SYSTEM" to "user"

then
sudo /etc/init.d/cupsys restart

Worked for me so far.