PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] I can't connect after restoring an hibernated PC

napolperro
July 7th, 2008, 05:18 AM
Hello, I have a little problem with my internet connection, the thing is I like to hibernate my desktop computer, but after three or four cycles of hibernating-restoring (if you know what I mean), I can't seem to connect to the internet anymore... In the little 2 computers icon it says that I am connected, but I cannot open anything on firefox.

In my cablemodem (Motorola SB5101) there's a light that flickers anytime a computer is connected, when this problem happens, the light stays on, not flickering, if I reboot the PC, the light starts turning on and off again and I can connect normally.

The modem is connected by USB, and I didn't had problems before with this same computer (I reformatted it like a month ago for some reason... the past installation was also a 8.04)

Hope someone can help me solve this problem or even how to maybe reset the usb ports or something like that to workaround this.:confused:

napolperro
July 7th, 2008, 09:15 PM
Someone? please :(

Francewhoa
December 27th, 2008, 09:50 AM
Rebooting the cable modem worked for me. Details and more solutions can be found here. (http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=6443197&postcount=3)