PDA

View Full Version : [other] [SOLVED] What is the letter that represents spacing?

Dani Filth
July 7th, 2008, 03:28 AM
Hi folks,

My friend has a shared folder which he named "Shared Folder" (there is a space between 2 words), I want to mount that folder but I don't know what should I put to replace that " " spacing in the address bar, simply press space bar doesn't work.

If you are not clear what I'm saying, I'm looking for a letter which normally acts like "%20" in website urls to represent spacing. (e.g "google.com/this%20is%20an%20example")

Thanks! :D

akiratheoni
July 7th, 2008, 03:45 AM
Hi folks,

My friend has a shared folder which he named "Shared Folder" (there is a space between 2 words), I want to mount that folder but I don't know what should I put to replace that " " spacing in the address bar, simply press space bar doesn't work.

If you are not clear what I'm saying, I'm looking for a letter which normally acts like "%20" in website urls to represent spacing. (e.g "google.com/this%20is%20an%20example")

Thanks! :D

You can either use "Shared Folder" WITH the quotes or Shared\ Folder. The \ is called the escaping character, read more about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escape_character