PDA

View Full Version : Nadal wins an thriller!!!!!!

sharks
July 7th, 2008, 02:13 AM
Nadal wins an thriller!!!!!!

Finally Fedex loses in final in grass

guildofghostwriters
July 7th, 2008, 02:18 AM
Yeah it was a great final. I honestly believe Nadal would have done it in 3 or 4 sets if it hadn't been for the first, longer rain break. I haven't followed much tennis on other surfaces this year but based on Wimbledon and the Stella Artois, it seems to me that Federer and Nadal are streets ahead of anybody else and are the only ones who can give each other a competitive game.

kevdog
July 7th, 2008, 02:29 AM
I'm glad Nadal won, but I thought Federer was going to pull it out. He looked a little off his game today. A great final none-the-less. Flash back of the US Open for a minute. Too bad Rocco Mediate couldn't pull that one out!

%hMa@?b<C
July 7th, 2008, 02:44 AM
its a shame. I was rooting for Federer, He just looked off today.

speedwell68
July 7th, 2008, 02:55 AM
Thank god it's over. Why is it the British never seem to give a toss about tennis until Wimbledon is on? A sport we never stand a chance of winning. At least Lewis Hamilton did good at Silverstone today. Motorsport, something we are good at.

guildofghostwriters
July 8th, 2008, 11:51 AM
Thank god it's over. Why is it the British never seem to give a toss about tennis until Wimbledon is on? A sport we never stand a chance of winning. At least Lewis Hamilton did good at Silverstone today. Motorsport, something we are good at.

I watch sport to be entertained and for me entertainment isn't about the nationality of the participants or the chances someone of my nationality will win. If I only watched things people of my nationality stood a chance of winning, I'd watch tiddlywinks and conkers and little else. Occasionally F1 can be entertaining but pretty much all motorsport is about the machinery as much if not more than the drivers. Lewis is great but would he be in with a shout if he raced for Red Bull? You know he wouldn't. Also, isn't it a bit of a procession most of the time? After the first pit stop and the strategies have been established, you can usually determine who's going to win as long as there are no accidents or freak weather changes. You've got a 50/50 chance of predicting the winning team before they start qualifying. And good as Lewis did, you have to wonder about the extent to which stupid ferrari decisions (Reikonen's tyres) let him off the hook. But back to your main point - how good at F1 were 'we' between the Mansell/Hill years and the arrival of Lewis? About as good as we were at tennis I suppose - the odd bloke in the top ten but no champions. Did you just not bother to watch then?