PDA

View Full Version : YouTube: We're sorry, this video is no longer available.

mips
July 6th, 2008, 11:49 AM
This is really getting annoying. If it is not available why list it in search results?

The movie/music industry is also getting out of hand. Free advertising is NOT a bad thing, I know in the past I have gone out many times to buy stuff I looked or listened to on the internet. Hopefully they kill their own business model with their actions.

This is what I was looking for, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ii8m1jgn_M&feature=related
Although a new video it is a very old recording of the song.

EDIT: I just clicked on my own link and now it works? When I click on it from the search results I get the stupid message? Using Opera 9.51 btw.

LaRoza
July 6th, 2008, 11:51 AM
This is really getting annoying. If it is not available why list it in search results?

I can think of some technical reasons for it.

But I have listened to entire albums on youtube (Candlemass's first two albums) and just bought both of them (even though I have the youtube files locally stored).

mips
July 6th, 2008, 12:11 PM
After some reading this seems like a technical issue, but I still don't know how to fix it.

Stu09
July 6th, 2008, 12:30 PM
This is also driving me bonkers. I've come to the belif that the videos are in fact available, but something is stopping it from working.
I hope some clever person can work out why.

LaRoza
July 6th, 2008, 01:25 PM
This is also driving me bonkers. I've come to the belif that the videos are in fact available, but something is stopping it from working.
I hope some clever person can work out why.

Perhaps they lock the videos instead of deleting them, in case there is new decisions made.

lukjad
July 6th, 2008, 01:41 PM
You know that Google and Youtube have been forced to had over all of the IP addresses and Youtube videos to Viacom, right? Then Viacom, as far as the ruling goes it says nothing of what will happen after this case is over. Then, one would imagine, they will go after you and me individually for having clicked and watched a movie clip, even for a few seconds, with copyrighted material. The data that will be given over will be around 12 terabytes of data, including user accounts, names, etc. Google said that they will ask to "anonymise the logs" first, but who knows. I know one thing, I'm not going to any site that has youtube linked to it. I don't want to be caught in the crossfire. I prefer to keep my information private, even if that means not seeing really funny home movies posted on youtube.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008/jul/03/google.ruling?gusrc=rss&feed=media

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7488009.stm

eragon100
July 6th, 2008, 01:42 PM
I save my on my harrdrive and I don't buy the music, why would I?

To support the artist?? :lolflag:

Banshee can play videos, has a video library function, has playlists, and an equalizer, and works with all gstreamer codec plugins, so it can also play flash movies from youtube :cool:

Tomatz
July 6th, 2008, 01:46 PM

The movie/music industry is also getting out of hand. Free advertising is NOT a bad thing, I know in the past I have gone out many times to buy stuff I looked or listened to on the internet. Hopefully they kill their own business model with their actions.

This is what I was looking for, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ii8m1jgn_M&feature=related

EDIT: I just clicked on my own link and now it works? When I click on it from the search results I get the stupid message? Using Opera 9.51 btw.

I can view it fine.

I wonder if it is because im in the UK and its says "bbc version"?

mrgnash
July 6th, 2008, 01:47 PM
All the lulzworthy material gets baleeted :(

ssam
July 6th, 2008, 02:07 PM
The movie/music industry is also getting out of hand.

just stop buying anything from them and they will go away (it might take a few years).

there is plenty of good stuff to listen to and buy that wont support them. magnatune is a good place to start.

malathion
November 23rd, 2008, 01:58 AM
I'm getting this too and it's making me nuts. I don't care about privacy; I just want to watch my videos. Was a solution ever found?

Liquen
November 24th, 2008, 11:02 PM
I'm getting this too and it's making me nuts. I don't care about privacy; I just want to watch my videos. Was a solution ever found?

Try to delete ~/.mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so (if any) and then install package flashplugin-nonfree. That worked here.

wispygalaxy
November 25th, 2008, 08:15 AM

You have good taste in music. My sister likes Joy Division, too. :)

handy
November 25th, 2008, 08:24 AM
When I find utube vid that I may want to see again, I download it.

I have seen too many good vids on utube & google video disappear.

FuturePilot
November 25th, 2008, 08:27 AM
When I find utube vid that I may want to see again, I download it.

I have seen too many good vids on utube & google video disappear.

I too have seen that happen too many times. I go back to watch it again and it went poof somewhere. :(

lisati
November 25th, 2008, 08:29 AM
Just checked and it played fine.... I'm not in the UK....

mips
November 25th, 2008, 09:36 AM
You have good taste in music. My sister likes Joy Division, too. :)

Thanks :) I listen to a wide variety of music, just a few types I do not like.

wispygalaxy
November 25th, 2008, 10:37 PM
Thanks :) I listen to a wide variety of music, just a few types I do not like.

That's great! :KS I'm expanding my tastes each and every day. Listening to the same genre gets boring after a while.

malathion
December 3rd, 2008, 01:26 AM
Try to delete ~/.mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so (if any) and then install package flashplugin-nonfree. That worked here.

I was able to get away with simply reinstalling flashplugin-nonfree without deleting anything, and now I'm not getting this error anymore. Hooray! :KS

Gannon8
December 3rd, 2008, 01:46 AM
This sometimes happens to me when I choose "Save and Quit" when I close Firefox and then open it again. Refreshing the page solves the problem, but I still think it is stupid as for the red bar one.