PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Sea Monkey Browser 1.1.10

asnarang.j
July 6th, 2008, 06:39 AM
Sea Monkey has launched 1.1.10 version. However, you are providing 1.1.9 version. Please guide me how can I download and use 1.1.10 version. Thanks.

Partyboi2
July 6th, 2008, 07:17 AM
Go here (http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/) and download the source and extract it, then cd into the new folder and read the readme file.

To install SeaMonkey by downloading the SeaMonkey installer, follow these steps:

1. Create a directory named seamonkey (mkdir seamonkey) and change to that directory (cd seamonkey).

2. Click the link on the site you're downloading SeaMonkey from to download the installer file (called seamonkey-x.xx.en-US.linux-i686.installer.tar.gz or similar) to your machine.

3. Change to the seamonkey directory (cd seamonkey) and decompress the archive with the following command:

tar zxvf sea*.tar.gz

The installer is now located in a subdirectory of seamonkey named seamonkey-installer.

4. Change to the seamonkey-installer directory (cd seamonkey-installer) and run the installer with the ./seamonkey-installer command.

5. Follow the instructions in the install wizard for installing SeaMonkey.

Note: If you have a slower machine, be aware that the installation may take some time. In this case, the installation progress may appear to hang indefinitely, even though the installation is still in process.

6. To start SeaMonkey, change to the directory where you installed it and run the ./seamonkey command.

To install SeaMonkey by downloading the tar.gz or tar.bz2 file:

Note: if you're using a tar.bz2 file, replace all ocurrences of .gz in the following instructions with .bz2

1. Create a directory named "seamonkey" (mkdir seamonkey) and change to that directory (cd seamonkey).

2. Click the link on the site you're downloading SeaMonkey from to download the non-installer (seamonkey*.tar.gz) file into the seamonkey directory.

3. Change to the seamonkey directory (cd seamonkey) and decompress the file with the following command:

tar zxvf sea*.tar.gz

This creates a "seamonkey" directory under your seamonkey directory.

4. Change to the seamonkey directory (cd seamonkey).

5. Run SeaMonkey with the following run script:

./seamonkey