PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] how do I put music onto my ipod?

nbv4
July 6th, 2008, 03:26 AM
I have a few iPod managers installed, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to actually put music onto the ipod. All they seem to do is let you view whats on the ipod already. I have 3 directories in ~/Desktop that I want to add to my iPod, how the hell do I do this? I have YamiPod installed, but I swear there is no "add new" option anywhere. I try to drag the folder over the program window, but nothing happens. The same goes for the default program that pops up when I connect the iPod. So how do I add music? I have an 80GB iPod classic.

ramjet_1953
July 6th, 2008, 03:53 AM
Here is a tutorial for using gtkpod:

http://www.simplehelp.net/2007/07/07/how-to-use-gtkpod-to-manage-your-ipod-in-ubuntu/

Regards,
Roger :cool:

moore.bryan
July 6th, 2008, 03:59 AM
+1 gtkpod.

nbv4
July 6th, 2008, 04:26 AM
+1 gtkpod.

I've been messing with gtkpod for a while, and can't figure out how to have it preserve my album art. Every time I try to add songs, it scrambles all my images around and also deletes a bunch. Is this mean I have something messed up with my ipod, or is this just how gtkpod works?

moore.bryan
July 6th, 2008, 02:56 PM
hmm... the album art has never been messed-up on my wife's ipod--i don't use gtkpod for mine because i put rockbox on it--that IS strange.

have you scoured the apple forums to see if someone else is having the issue with gtkpod?

clive littlewood
July 6th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Hi

Do you have Amarok ?

If so place the tracks you want into a new playlist.

Then drag and drop across to your ipod playlist.

This will que for transfer.

Press the transfer button and there you have it.

Clive l http://ubuntuforums.org/images/smilies/guitar.gif

nothingspecial
July 6th, 2008, 03:33 PM
I've been messing with gtkpod for a while, and can't figure out how to have it preserve my album art. Every time I try to add songs, it scrambles all my images around and also deletes a bunch. Is this mean I have something messed up with my ipod, or is this just how gtkpod works?

How are you adding songs? In my experience gtkpod is dead simple. Just plug the ipod in, wait for it to see your songs, then drag and drop into your ipod`s name, save changes and bingo.
The great thing is you can manage multiple ipods, just dragging and dropping.