PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Avant Window Manager - Ho to do I position it on my desktop?

jondecker76
July 5th, 2008, 08:22 PM
I have Avant Window Manager installed, but I can't find out how to position it on my desktop. It always appears at the very bottom and overlaps my bottom panel. I would like it placed a few inches up from the bottom of the screen. How do I do this?

thanks

saratchandra
July 5th, 2008, 08:28 PM
Not possible with AWN right now. Try Cairo dock or move your panel to the top.

tjwoosta
July 5th, 2008, 08:28 PM
im not 100% sure about making it go above your bottom gnome panel but i do know how to offset the dock from the center

its probably the same way to make it higher up but i cant double check that right now because im not on my computer

press alt-f2
type gconf-editor
navigate to Avant Window Navigator and somewhere in there you should see the settings

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU CHANGE
(gconf-editor can be dangerous if you mess stuff up and cant remember how to fix it)

by the way AWN is much better looking than cairo dock if you can set it up right

and the avant-window-navigator-bzr comes with over 30 different applets but you would have to add the repositories for it before you could download

here is a guide if your interestedhttp://wiki.awn-project.org/DistributionGuides#Testing_Package_Archive

jondecker76
July 6th, 2008, 03:42 AM
thanks I'll give it a try