PDA

View Full Version : Help me find a simple image viewer

iption
July 5th, 2008, 01:30 PM
I'm looking for a simple image viewer when I double click on an image it displays the image in full screen, and when I hit Esc it closes.
Now I'm using eog -f command to open in full screen but when I view my pictures I have a lot of eog-s and it take some time to clean this up. It would be easyer if it could open only one instanceof eog.
Any sugestions?

Barriehie
July 5th, 2008, 02:30 PM
I use GQview. It's in the repositories.

Barrie

sujoy
July 5th, 2008, 03:12 PM
get mirage or feh. both are good.

iption
July 5th, 2008, 09:13 PM
Well, GQview doesn't have an option to start in full screen, and mirage... well it has the full screen but doesn't close with Esc or stays one instance of the program so it is the same thing like with eog -f command. Feh I didn't try because I read documentation before posting here and it didn't look like it has any of those things.
I don't need any fancy editing or browsing program, just simple open-close.

madjr
July 5th, 2008, 10:01 PM
gthumb ?

and try here there a few more:

http://getdeb.net/

regomodo
July 5th, 2008, 10:48 PM
`

chucky chuckaluck
July 5th, 2008, 11:00 PM
feh. -F will have it open in fullscreen.

DoktorSeven
July 5th, 2008, 11:20 PM
Well, GQview doesn't have an option to start in full screen
gqview -f /path/to/images
then f key to toggle.

:) (GQView is my favorite image viewer)

dbbolton
July 5th, 2008, 11:26 PM
One more for feh.

mali2297
July 5th, 2008, 11:27 PM
... well it has the full screen but doesn't close with Esc or stays one instance of the program so it is the same thing like with eog -f command. Feh I didn't try because I read documentation before posting here and it didn't look like it has any of those things.
I don't need any fancy editing or browsing program, just simple open-close.

Also, feh will close when you hit ESC.

kuja
July 6th, 2008, 12:05 AM
gwenview and kuickshow can both handle that, kuickshow being the lighter/faster/simpler of the two.

samwyse
July 6th, 2008, 12:16 AM
Gwenview doesn't close with Esc.

kuja
July 6th, 2008, 12:39 AM
Gwenview doesn't close with Esc.

settings -> configure shortcuts (type "quit" in the filter), change the shortcut to escape :popcorn:

iption
July 8th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Well I didin't want to install the KDE applications because i have plain ubuntu, but after trying gnome image viewers none did the job.
Ungh, it downloaded KDE libraries for ages, but it was worth it, kuickshow is great, does the job perfectly. Thanks!!!

Lucas Malor
March 8th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Sorry for necroposting... Eye of Gnome still can't quit with a single ESC in fullscreen mode?