PDA

View Full Version : I need Canonical store's phone number

trevelyan
July 5th, 2008, 07:30 AM
Hi peeps... i need canonical store's phone number.
i've been looking for it everywhere and cant find anything... all i got was a phone number for support at a Canadian location but the girl who answered said they don't deal with the store's uh.... issues.

does anyone know it, or if they even have one?
Thanks.

barbedsaber
July 5th, 2008, 07:37 AM
Hi peeps

whats a peep, a people maybe.

kevin11951
July 5th, 2008, 07:43 AM
don't know about calling them, but you can request a callback from here: http://www.canonical.com/node/22

trevelyan
July 5th, 2008, 07:48 AM
thats support... as in payed support. i don't want that. i just wanna get in touch with someone at the store because i wanna buy a shirt and a hoody and they're not answering my emails about my order being canceled.

also, i'm in Honduras so i doubt they would call me. :P
but thanks for the effort.

kevin11951
July 5th, 2008, 08:25 AM
thats support... as in payed support. i don't want that. i just wanna get in touch with someone at the store because i wanna buy a shirt and a hoody and they're not answering my emails about my order being canceled.

also, i'm in Honduras so i doubt they would call me. :P
but thanks for the effort.

sorry, i tried :)

Elfy
July 5th, 2008, 08:38 AM
I had a look on the isle of man telephone directory and they don't appear there, nor does it appear on the BT directory.

trevelyan
July 5th, 2008, 05:16 PM
i guess they don't have a phone number..
they keep ignoring my emails.. its been four days now.
is it possible my emails are just in a queue?
does anyone know how i can get their attention?
i get the feeling they just dont wanna ship to honduras, or they dont wanna take my money. and instead of telling me that.. they just ignore me. :(

has this happened to anyone else, or is it just me?

trevelyan
July 5th, 2008, 05:20 PM
EDIT:
deleted. double post

Tomatz
July 5th, 2008, 05:28 PM
You dont need to call them. Go here:

https://shop.canonical.com/contact_us.php

trevelyan
July 5th, 2008, 05:35 PM
thank you... but i tried that already.. i was ignored.

trevelyan
July 5th, 2008, 05:51 PM
ok... im gonna place the order again... hopefully this time it wont get canceled.
why didnt i do this from the biggening? becuase PayPal charged its commision for the first trasaction even though the order was canceled. so i dont wanna be losing money everytime i try this.

EDIT:
ok i went back an tried to place the order.. but i noticed something odd.
when i changed the prices to be displayed in US$ the hoody (chocolate colour) was $37.xx (dont remember the cents)
then i added the white ubuntu shirt.. then i went to checkout... and the price for the hoody was now $32.12
WTF??? maybe that's why they're flagging my payment... (who knows.. maybe they even think i did something to lower the prices)
i remember the first time, my wife who was looking at the same stuff on the canonical store told me it was $37.xx (she's in Canada) but in my screen it showed as $32.12 so she said nevermind.. place the order. so i did.

i think that was the problem... this store seems to be full of bugs... like you have to sign in like 7 times everytime to finally get in... i wouldn't be surprised if the messaging system is broken too... :s

trevelyan
July 5th, 2008, 06:13 PM
needless to say.. i didnt place the order.
but i still want to buy the stuff... this seems hopeless. :(

trevelyan
July 6th, 2008, 02:36 AM
ok.. i've decided this whole thing isnt worth it.. im gonna drop it now.
i wanted to give my support but im just gonna buy some clothes a a local store and put my own ubuntu designs on them, for a fraction of the price.

thanks to all those who tried to help. :)

ushimitsudoki
September 19th, 2008, 05:03 AM
I just wanted to post here because I ran into the same problem (http://meandubuntu.wordpress.com/2008/09/19/canonical-store-worthless/) with the same result: the people behind the store just ignore email and contact form submissions.

Very unprofessional and so frustrating!

Solicitous
September 19th, 2008, 05:35 AM
Well perhaps this will be of some help to you. At the bottom of each page at shop.canonical.com there is a brief copyright mark. Part of the comment is;

<quote> This store is managed by Merchandise Mania Limited </quote>

A quick google of the company does reveal their website and a contact phone number. Perhaps calling them might be a step to help resolve the situation.