PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Global Menu for Hardy

wariskampar
July 5th, 2008, 01:25 AM
I'm curious whether this applet is stable to run on Hardy Heron. I have not find any tutorial to install this applet on Hardy so any help is much appreciated. What is the current version as o today? Is it worth a try?

Dojan5
July 16th, 2008, 09:04 AM
I'm curious whether this applet is stable to run on Hardy Heron. I have not find any tutorial to install this applet on Hardy so any help is much appreciated. What is the current version as o today? Is it worth a try?

I know this is a somewhat old post, but no.
I tried installing Global Menu, everything went fine, except that the patched/hacked version of GTK slowed down the computer horribly, it became buggy and etc. You can give it a try, but I couldnt get it to work.

wariskampar
July 16th, 2008, 09:39 AM
I had tried it and decided rather stick with Ubuntu default Main Menu. It was not because of problem (matter of fact, it ran perfectly but for Firefox and Open Office:)) or whatsoever but come to think of it, Ubuntu will never be OSX no matter how much tweaking we throw at it (just my 2 cents!). However, now, whenever I run gedit in terminal, i'll get this message "opening with Global Menu". Do you have idea what does it mean

ruisu
December 10th, 2008, 05:19 PM
"Opening with Globalmenu" means , its using the globalmenu, if you want to disable globalmenu, follow the instruccions on
http://code.google.com/p/gnome2-globalmenu/wiki/Uninstall
it worked for me
:)