PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] php-java extension

koba101
July 4th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Hi,

Can anyone help me configure php to read java methods on ubuntu...I used to be able to do it on windows; but i'm having a problem here

henchman
July 4th, 2008, 05:45 PM
well, could you please specify your problem a bit more? Iam sure someone will be able to help you :)

jamesstansell
July 4th, 2008, 11:33 PM
Please tell us more about what you've tried so far.

koba101
July 5th, 2008, 07:26 AM
ok...i've got php installed and it's up and running.

I've got the JDK installed as well (even if i have a problem selecting the 1.6 version as the default, but that's a different story)

now i'm stuckenabling the php-java extension. I was able to do it on widnows because it only needed a few steps. (uncomment the extension assignment in the php.ini file, list the appropriate paths in the .ini and that's it.

Here, first of all i don't see any php_java extension....nor do i see the php_java.jar file in the JDK (i'm not sure if it's supposed to be there, nor do i see any commented statements applicable to a jave extension.) i've read somewhere that i could do something like say ./configure -with-java=[java-path], but i don't know where the configure file is to run it

nor does phpize work

that's how lost i am

jamesstansell
July 5th, 2008, 02:23 PM
The ./configure command is typically part of a project's source code. I don't know for sure but my guess is that the ubuntu php package was configured --without-java when it was built. Which means you would need to build it yourself but with the configuration you want. Or perhaps find a copy that someone else has built the way you need. Once again, I'm just guessing here.

koba101
July 5th, 2008, 05:07 PM
i think i'll install everything from scracth...problem is i don't even know where the php files are (in windows they're just at c:/php)

i'll keep you posted

koba101
July 5th, 2008, 09:20 PM
The link below was excellent

http://blogs.vinuthomas.com/2007/11/22/installing-the-php-java-bridge-in-ubuntu-gutsy-gibbon/

Though I regret to say I don't know exactly what it did..but it worked

jamesstansell
July 6th, 2008, 02:41 AM
That's great to know.

This php/java bridge seems a little more advanced than the one I read about years ago (and that one sounded good.)