PDA

View Full Version : proccesor

jkid
July 4th, 2008, 05:57 AM
want to know how to make my cpu run more smooth we could say or more realese

SirThom
July 4th, 2008, 05:59 AM
A strong graphics card I think helps a lot, even if you don't have the heavy duty compiz on.
Mine gets bloody hot so I govern it to half speed and stood it in front of a fan.

jkid
July 4th, 2008, 06:00 AM
so like the old days use the fan lol:lolflag:

SirThom
July 4th, 2008, 06:05 AM
I'm no expert but it helps me. When my machine gets too hot is stalls like nuts.

Lord Xeb
July 4th, 2008, 06:09 AM
Then you get a better case for cooling or mod your current one to cool better. Also, mod your graphics cards for better cooling like putting on a better heatsink or something. That always helps. Or take the shroud and cut bigger exhaust holes in it to increase the air flow. That helps too. The exhaust holes for the fans on case, remove the grating to further increase airflow. Also, do not be afraid of water cool >_>

jkid
July 4th, 2008, 06:10 AM
i know it drive me insane like when i am developing something it just stupid

SirThom
July 4th, 2008, 06:20 AM
Then you get a better case for cooling or mod your current one to cool better. Also, mod your graphics cards for better cooling like putting on a better heatsink or something. That always helps. Or take the shroud and cut bigger exhaust holes in it to increase the air flow. That helps too. The exhaust holes for the fans on case, remove the grating to further increase airflow. Also, do not be afraid of water cool >_>

I'm using a laptop. :-(
I set it on a bookstand on my desk with a fan pointing at the base and an external IBM M type keyboard, and Logitech wireless laser mouse. I do take it with me places also but it does get quite hot and I prop up the tail on a book or something and try not to run too many apps at once.
My CPU was staying nice and cool today so I turned off the governor to see how it will be.
I tried one of those stands with the USB powered fans on it, but when my machine is reaching 90 or 100 degrees centigrade then it's not doing much good.

Canis familiaris
July 4th, 2008, 06:42 AM
Overclocking - More Faster snd Hotter
Underclocking - More Cooler and Slower

HansKisaragi
July 4th, 2008, 06:56 AM
want to know how to make my cpu run more smooth we could say or more realese

Change your fan speed? .. Most motherboards comes with a fan controll program, you can also do it in the bios on some boards.

But if you feel secure enough to messing inside your case you could replace your fan, as a standard fan is often pretty basic.

If you buy a new fan you need Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound or some other similar paste.

For Laptop owners, check -> Quad Cooler http://www.quadcooler.com/