PDA

View Full Version : Dog Lovers - post pics of your dogs!

guildofghostwriters
July 3rd, 2008, 04:49 PM
I used to hate this kind of thing on the web but I'm getting older and my heart (along with every other part) is getting softer and this is what I'm reduced to.

As every dog owner knows (with the possible exception of those thinking of contacting the dog whisperer/Victoria Stilwell/Dog Borstal), their dog is the best and cutest. So prove it, display your doggie, parade your pooch, canonise your canine (post pictures of your pet dog) ...

Here's mine, Queen, a 20 month old border-collie bitch from a long line of working dogs but not pursuing the family business and instead leading a life of leisure and luxury in the city...

(Cue the silence...?)

Kosimo
July 3rd, 2008, 04:53 PM
Blecky :)

http://kosimo.googlepages.com/CosimoiBleckyPetit.JPG

The DOG.... Died last year at the age of 16... :(

guildofghostwriters
July 3rd, 2008, 04:55 PM
Blecky :)

http://kosimo.googlepages.com/CosimoiBleckyPetit.JPG

The DOG.... Died last year at the age of 16... :(

Aw no - that's sad. But 16 is a good age and he looks like a happy hound.

BigSilly
July 3rd, 2008, 05:09 PM
Our resident nutcase is my profile pic on the left. She's daft as a brush (and as soft), and I absolutely love the shot that my missus took of her. She's called Jessie, but we have a multitude of other, more bizarre and childish names that we call her most of the time!

I'll try and dig out some more shots.

Canis familiaris
July 3rd, 2008, 05:09 PM
Aw no - that's sad. But 16 is a good age and he looks like a happy hound.
I think it is SHE. Blecky seems to be a female dog's name.

GRRRRRRRRRRRR,,, NOW POSTING IS I AM THE DOG. I AM ALSO A FEMALE DOG. MY NAME'S LUNATIC, I AM VERY MAD AT MY OWNER BECAUSE HE CANNOT EVEN FIND THE USB CABLE TO POST MY PICTURE. WOOF! GRRRRRRR.....

I think I should keep her away from the keyboard.

guildofghostwriters
July 3rd, 2008, 05:17 PM
I think it is SHE. Blecky seems to be a female dog's name.

Very sorry - I really wasn't sure, Blecky doesn't indicate one sex more than the other to me!

Canis familiaris
July 3rd, 2008, 05:20 PM
Very sorry - I really wasn't sure, Blecky doesn't indicate one sex more than the other to me!

Why Sorry? :confused:

Might be a male as well. But seems like female to me.

Kosimo
July 3rd, 2008, 05:21 PM

Hey noooo.... Blecky was male.
Actually that name was my sister invention. Is not english at all. At least for us ;)

Canis familiaris
July 3rd, 2008, 05:24 PM
Hey noooo.... Blecky was male.
Actually that name was my sister invention. Is not english at all. At least for us ;)

My mistake. :)

RATM_Owns
July 3rd, 2008, 05:43 PM
http://i27.tinypic.com/2a9zl7c.jpg

Cats > Dogs

Canis familiaris
July 3rd, 2008, 05:51 PM
http://i27.tinypic.com/2a9zl7c.jpg

Cats > Dogs

For You :)

phaed
July 3rd, 2008, 05:54 PM
Yeah, that's sad. I had a Golden Retriever that lived to the age of 14, which is a good age for a goldie. I think the average life span is about 12. She was a good dog.

Canis familiaris
July 3rd, 2008, 06:00 PM
Yeah, that's sad. I had a Golden Retriever that lived to the age of 14, which is a good age for a goldie. I think the average life span is about 12. She was a good dog.

What was her name?

_angel__
July 3rd, 2008, 06:14 PM
The first pic is the youngest dog with my kitten
The second pic is my 3 dogs having fun in the backyard:)

mthei
July 3rd, 2008, 06:52 PM
Young Jasmine, now 8 years of age.

guildofghostwriters
July 3rd, 2008, 08:43 PM
Aw, loads of cute dogs! Keep em coming!

(or, in other words, bump!)

guildofghostwriters
July 3rd, 2008, 08:48 PM
Cats > Dogs

I like cats too - I had both as a child and my last cat (who passed away in 2005) is sorely missed - she'd been a good friend (well, a scatty curmudgeonly good friend) for over 13 years. But my current dog doesn't get along with them. If they run, she chases - if they face up to her, she cowers!

fatality_uk
July 3rd, 2008, 08:51 PM
I had, a few years ago, a tri-colour English Setter.

Pedigree name - Ch. Kenave Lord of the Rings III
Family name -Barney

I don't have a photo, but here a double I found.

I plan on getting another after we have our first child next year!

guildofghostwriters
July 3rd, 2008, 09:11 PM
I had, a few years ago, a tri-colour English Setter.

Pedigree name - Ch. Kenave Lord of the Rings III
Family name -Barney

I don't have a photo, but here a double I found.

I plan on getting another after we have our first child next year!

Ah, that's a grand looking dog! Will you get the same breed? I don't really understand the pedigree names - is it something to do with sponsorship like with showjumping? Or is something to do with the registration, to distinguish all the Barnies? Oh, and been meaning to ask, are you Merseyside based?

fatality_uk
July 3rd, 2008, 10:51 PM
Ah, that's a grand looking dog! Will you get the same breed? I don't really understand the pedigree names - is it something to do with sponsorship like with showjumping? Or is something to do with the registration, to distinguish all the Barnies? Oh, and been meaning to ask, are you Merseyside based?

His pedigree name was given by the breeders. They could trace his heritage back for about 55 generations. Mad huh!!! I'm not posh and he certainly wasn't a posh dog!!! :D The Kennel Club control all the records for show dogs and their offspring.

When I owned a old farmhouse in Cumbria, he loved nothing better than waiting till he just got washed, running outside and rolling in mud ALL the way up the local scar ;)

Setters are amazingly friendly dogs. Very very good with kids, mild mannered and enjoy being outside. I will for sure be getting a setter.

Yup. Scouser here. Born Broad Green. Lived on Scotty road, anfield and then moved out to Kirkby then beyond. Currently living in the middle of nowhere :D

Might look at moving back to Liverpool. The new Liverpool One looks like amazing!!

Are you in Liverpool.

guildofghostwriters
July 3rd, 2008, 11:23 PM
Are you in Liverpool.

Yup - Wavertree. Not a scouser though, a Yorkshireman - I just ended up here but it's been my favourite UK city since the first time I got off the train at Lime Street. I've got a mate who was raised on Scotty and Tithebarn and another from Kirby (though he's down south now and I've never been there - sounds like the heart of darkness to us imported southsiders) so I know of those places. If I wasn't in a city I'd live in the Yorkshire Dales there - that's my ultimate goal, a big pack of collies on Swaledale! I see a lovely Irish setter in Wavertree Mystery sometimes - they are lovely dogs but I've never seen an English one, I think I prefer the colouring if that pictures owt to go by.