PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Since Hardy Heron installation...

karuzo
July 3rd, 2008, 03:27 PM
Hello all,
Even tough I am experiencing some problems with Ubuntu (which I am too lazy to resolve), I will not go back to Windows. Just FYI! There are only (2) things I am interested to know what the source of the problem is, since upgrading to Hardy.
1.) It appears as there are updates available to download EVERY day!!!! Is this normal?
2.) When I turn the computer on, grub gives me duplicate options for ubuntu, at least (6) duplicates. This just occurred about a week or so ago.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Doron

avtolle
July 3rd, 2008, 03:32 PM
The duplicates in grub relate to the updating of kernels. There are several threads on the forum regarding this, and how to fix the "problem" if it is one for you.

Updates: given the newness of 8.04, and the push to do the "point release" of 8.04.1 which is projected for this day (3 July), the number of updates is not surprising. Things will calm down I believe after this.

karuzo
July 3rd, 2008, 03:50 PM
The duplicates in grub relate to the updating of kernels. There are several threads on the forum regarding this, and how to fix the "problem" if it is one for you.

Updates: given the newness of 8.04, and the push to do the "point release" of 8.04.1 which is projected for this day (3 July), the number of updates is not surprising. Things will calm down I believe after this.

Thanks for the response. I should have researched it a little bit more. Thanks for pointing this out and clarifying.
Doron