PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] stop at 5% in partition formatting..

antractive
July 3rd, 2008, 11:01 AM
i'm trying to install ubuntu 7.10 so many time and its stuck at partition formatting 5%. Then i download the 8.04 ver and still got the same problem. Did i made something wrong? I need someone to guide from A to Z to install this Ubuntu 8.04. I'm almost give up..Plz someone help me..

bubba_169
July 3rd, 2008, 11:17 AM
What are your computers specs (eg RAM etc) and how are you trying to set up your partitions (i.e. ext2/3 or fat32, size, etc)

I had a similar problem to this when I only had 256mb of RAM but after upgrading to 512mb all is fine... don't know if this is related?

antractive
July 3rd, 2008, 11:57 AM
my spec pentium4 2.0,1.3g ram and ati radeon 9250, i'm new in ubuntu..i don't know what wrong..i've try to settle it almost 3 days..need some guide whether something with pc,my partition or somthing else..

duffboy
September 16th, 2009, 04:47 PM
I have this exact same problem using 9.04. I have been using Ubuntu on my laptop for a little over and year and love it. I am trying to set up a desktop but the install hangs at 5% at the partitions format.

I have tried with MythBuntu and just normal Ubuntu, both failing during the partitions format.

I tried different hard drives and different disc burns.

I also tried the solutions proposed in this thread, http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1031111, with no luck.

I have a P4 with 1.5G of RAM, so RAM is not an issue. Further, all of the components test fine in the Live environment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.