PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Asus motherboards and Ubuntu

morrison_rm
July 3rd, 2008, 09:33 AM
I kept getting a glitch on booting from a USB device, I emailed Asus. They replied -
"And I am sorry to say that our technical support only for Windows OS at present. Correlative about other operation system, you can ask the software developer or refer to linux forum for help."

It's a bit late now, cos I've already bought it, but is there a motherboard maker who actually does support Ubuntu?

IcarusR
July 3rd, 2008, 06:20 PM
Ubuntu & linux in general, in my experience, work with Asus mobos. What is your problem.
Start a new thread with your problem & someone will probably be able to help.
Or better still use the search facility first, some one may have already asked your question.

stchman
July 3rd, 2008, 06:23 PM
I kept getting a glitch on booting from a USB device, I emailed Asus. They replied -
"And I am sorry to say that our technical support only for Windows OS at present. Correlative about other operation system, you can ask the software developer or refer to linux forum for help."

It's a bit late now, cos I've already bought it, but is there a motherboard maker who actually does support Ubuntu?

Booting from USB is not an Ubuntu thing, it is a motherboard thing.

Sef
July 4th, 2008, 12:25 AM
Booting from USB is not an Ubuntu thing, it is a motherboard thing.

Possibly too it is a BIOS problem. Have you tried updating to the latest BIOS?

Tomatz
July 4th, 2008, 12:28 AM
Have you set usb to first boot device in the bios?

Sometimes you need to plug the usb device in before you start the machine for the option to show up in "boot device priority" (in the bios).

:)