PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Display Errors for an Nvidia 9500

TheTrlak
July 3rd, 2008, 01:41 AM
Hi, I recently installed 8.04 onto my new ASUS laptop with an NVidia geforce 9500 using WUBI. Now it starts with my video card stating not enabled, I enabled as per normal and let it download newest driver, it asked for a restart. Now before i let it restart to confirm it worked I did indeed make sure I got my compiz and other updates also out of the way.

Once that was said and done I rebooted my machine to find my logon and subsequently my desktop environment kinda looking like my LCD was busted showing hte colors in weird rainbow spirals.
The worst part is the mouse is not detected anymore and it was too ahrd to navigate so to keep from further harm i uninstalled and reinstalled my base 8.04.

Does anyone know if its because of incompatibility, or if it has something to do with maybe the defualt AWN or even just compiz?

Thanks in advance.

TheTrlak
July 3rd, 2008, 02:18 AM
Well seems its indeed driver related and it seems despite uninstalling and removing my corrupted install it still is bootable? I guess I need to do more research into my drivers...