PDA

View Full Version : canonical store order canceled

trevelyan
July 2nd, 2008, 10:18 PM
OK so i wanted to give my support and at the same time get some wicked Ubuntu gear to let everyone know i use Ubuntu. Yesterday i bought the white Ubuntu shirt and the Hoody (chocolate colour) from the canonical store. Everything was fine, i made my payment through paypal and could hardly wait to get my items.
this afternoon i checked my email and got a canonical email telling me that my ordered had been canceled. here is what the email says:

Dear web store customer,

PayPal, our payment processor, have flagged your payment and I am afraid that we are unable to process your order.
Your payment has been refunded. We apologise for this inconvenience.

Thank you,

Web Store Warehouse Team

Your order has been updated to the following status.

New status: Cancelled

Please reply to this email if you have any questions.

I'm like, flagged? why? what's that? they really should explain more. I have more than enough funds in my bank account to pay, i just don't understand why they would reject my money... i live in Honduras, Central America. so i don't know if its that they simply don't wanna ship here. i already sent an email asking what all this means but I'm still waiting for the answer.. i don't even know if i can try to buy this again or if the same thing would happen.
i guess i just wanted to let my frustration out. i mean.. i wanted to give my support, i don't wanna think that they just don't wanna ship to Honduras... why not? I feel insulted, but I'm getting ahead of myself. I'm gonna wait to see what they say.
this has made me very sad.. i liked that hoody :(

Atomic Dog
July 2nd, 2008, 10:23 PM
Yea. Pretty bland reply. I bet somebody here will see your plight try to help you get your goods.

trevelyan
July 2nd, 2008, 10:30 PM
you know.. i guess i could ask my wife (she lives in Canada) to buy them for me.. the thing is i just would like a better explanation. at this point the only thing that comes to my mind is they simply don't wanna ship to Honduras. i even looked everywhere for a phone number to call the canonical store but couldn't find anything.

ibutho
July 2nd, 2008, 10:33 PM
It kinda sucks though. Personally I am not too keen on the Canonical store. Why does one need to sign up for a Launchpad account just to buy something. Anyway hope you succeed in getting your order through.

trevelyan
July 2nd, 2008, 10:56 PM
yeah.. that was a bit annoying, but not much.. what was annoying was that it kept asking me to sign in when i had already done it like seven times. maybe it was just a glitch.

eragon100
July 2nd, 2008, 11:04 PM
No I had to sign in every time too, when I ordered my ubuntu mousemat and stickers about a month ago :wink:

No problems tough, I got my stuff in a few days.

I life in the Netherlands BTW :)

verb3k
July 2nd, 2008, 11:05 PM
It's really devastating when your interests get blown away without any explanation or reasoning. It's a cold-blooded reply :(

trevelyan
July 2nd, 2008, 11:14 PM
my god.. i know!!! its like.. hey guys.. i wanna give my support :D
and they say... Get lost... we dont need you nor want you.

becuase if i wanted, i could make my own shirts with ubuntu logos and stuff.. but that would miss the point.

FyreBrand
July 3rd, 2008, 12:36 AM
my god.. i know!!! its like.. hey guys.. i wanna give my support :D
and they say... Get lost... we dont need you nor want you.

becuase if i wanted, i could make my own shirts with ubuntu logos and stuff.. but that would miss the point.I did't get that from the message at all. Why don't you contact PayPal and ask them why your account has been flagged. PayPal is where you should be looking not Canonical.

KiwiNZ
July 3rd, 2008, 01:23 AM
This will not be resolved here. This is just a guessing game in this thread.

Contact Paypal or the store .