PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Looking for a reasonably priced sound card...

PsychedelicWonders
July 2nd, 2008, 09:15 PM
Someone suggested an M-Audio card, but the cheapest one I found was $79 through new egg.

I'd prefer to spend less than half of that.

What are my options?

Im not looking to produce music, but I am looking to have good MP3 and movie sound.

What are my options for a card taht will be easy to install and not give alot of headaches?

Also, I am looking to hook up a 5.1 home theater system... and I would like to be able to hook up 2 addtional small speakers for the computer monitor.

thanks.

stchman
July 2nd, 2008, 10:13 PM
Someone suggested an M-Audio card, but the cheapest one I found was $79 through new egg.

I'd prefer to spend less than half of that.

What are my options?

Im not looking to produce music, but I am looking to have good MP3 and movie sound.

What are my options for a card taht will be easy to install and not give alot of headaches?

Also, I am looking to hook up a 5.1 home theater system... and I would like to be able to hook up 2 addtional small speakers for the computer monitor.

thanks.

This one says it is compatible with Linux.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829130001

PsychedelicWonders
July 3rd, 2008, 02:21 PM
Is that a good card? Its so cheap... I'm looking for a cheaper card, but dont want junk...?

What about my 7 speaker situation?

PsychedelicWonders
July 4th, 2008, 05:22 PM
bump.

I'm trying to get all of my pieces and parts ordered from new egg today and need a bit more clarification on this.

thanks.