PDA

View Full Version : How to get windows fonts in opera

egos68
July 2nd, 2008, 12:02 PM
I realy want to get windows fonts in opera.I probely got to downlaod the fonts some place..where?

Then i have to but it someplace in linux but where?

then i got to make operafind them but how?

please help me

jpeddicord
July 2nd, 2008, 08:13 PM
Moved from Tutorials and Tips, as it is a question.

ibutho
July 2nd, 2008, 08:27 PM
If you or a friend has a copy of Windows, you can copy your TT fonts from C:\Windows\Fonts onto a USB stick or other removable media. You can then copy the fonts into your ~/.fonts directory on Linux. If you want all users on your system to use the fonts, then instead of copying them to ~/.fonts, put them in a global directory e.g.
Create a driectory in /usr/local/share call msfonts
Copy the fonts to /usr/local/share/msfonts
Run Applications -> Accessories -> Terminal
Enter
sudo -i
Enter
cd /usr/local/share/msfonts
sudo mkfontdir
sudo mkfontscale
sudo fc-cache

When you log out and back in again you should be able to use the Windows fonts.

SEMW
July 3rd, 2008, 12:26 AM
If all you want is the basic Windows core fonts (Arial, Times New Roman, Tahoma etc.), you don't even need to do that -- just run

sudo apt-get install msttcorefonts
And they'll get automatically installed in the right place for you. As a bonus, when you restart Opera, all the new fonts will populate themselves into your font choices in opera like magic; though I'm not sure why...!

egos68
July 17th, 2008, 09:18 AM
If all you want is the basic Windows core fonts (Arial, Times New Roman, Tahoma etc.), you don't even need to do that -- just run

sudo apt-get install msttcorefonts
And they'll get automatically installed in the right place for you. As a bonus, when you restart Opera, all the new fonts will populate themselves into your font choices in opera like magic; though I'm not sure why...!

Thanx very much.That was easy and worked like a charmed:guitar: