PDA

View Full Version : Linux?? Or something else?

RSingh
July 2nd, 2008, 11:56 AM
While watching the transformers movie, I came across a scene where I though the desktop looked like as if it is running linux. The icons look like the Red Hat Bluecurve ones. What do you think?

werries
July 2nd, 2008, 01:14 PM
i think we need a higher resolution but it certainly looks like gnome.

Zeotronic
July 2nd, 2008, 01:42 PM
I think it's just a doctored desktop image, it's defenently not designed to look like Windows though. I like to identify which OS I am seeing when I see a computer screen on TV as well, and you'd be suprised, but more often I see Mac and Linux than Windows... but perhaps its just the channels I watch. Anyways I suspect its just made to look like Linux, but my brother (younger) is standing here beside me and he thinks that it IS Linux, so I haven't a clue.

Bliepo32
July 2nd, 2008, 01:46 PM
It is making use of Gnome, I am certain about that one.

RSingh
July 2nd, 2008, 02:45 PM
After scaling the image and comparing it to a Fedora core 5 icons, its obvious its a linux desktop.

Heres what I got:

mech7
July 2nd, 2008, 03:56 PM
Usually interfaces in movies are just created in graphics and movie editing program.

macogw
July 3rd, 2008, 04:54 AM
I think it's just a doctored desktop image, it's defenently not designed to look like Windows though. I like to identify which OS I am seeing when I see a computer screen on TV as well, and you'd be suprised, but more often I see Mac and Linux than Windows... but perhaps its just the channels I watch. Anyways I suspect its just made to look like Linux, but my brother (younger) is standing here beside me and he thinks that it IS Linux, so I haven't a clue.

It has that odd Mac-like thing where the menus of the app are embedded in the top panel, though, so it has to be KDE with very narrow panels.