PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu Pre-Releases

DWade
October 31st, 2005, 11:40 PM
:p 1. Who tests the pre-release of Ubuntu? Or is there Pre-releases?

2. I have been an insider to LinSpire (Old Lindows) since July 0f 2002. I have tested many pre-releases. But after 3.1 of Lindows the loading and setup started getting very slow.

3. I started searching for different Linux distro’s, and I found Ubuntu Friday Oct. 28. I want try several different types so I could tell the difference in setup and Load speed.

4. And I forgot what I wrote the first time. Either my user name timed out or registering does not log you in.

5. How long has Ubuntu been creating a linux distro?

6. I was going to ask a question but my cd just finshed burning so I find out during setup.

xequence
November 1st, 2005, 12:16 AM
:p 1. Who tests the pre-release of Ubuntu? Or is there Pre-releases?

2. I have been an insider to LinSpire (Old Lindows) since July 0f 2002. I have tested many pre-releases. But after 3.1 of Lindows the loading and setup started getting very slow.

3. I started searching for different Linux distro’s, and I found Ubuntu Friday Oct. 28. I want try several different types so I could tell the difference in setup and Load speed.

4. And I forgot what I wrote the first time. Either my user name timed out or registering does not log you in.

5. How long has Ubuntu been creating a linux distro?

6. I was going to ask a question but my cd just finshed burning so I find out during setup.

1. Anyone who wants. Just set the repository list to the next version.

3. Linspire aparently has slow load speeds because it detects hardware each time. Ubuntu is slower then windows to load, but not bad.

5. Breezy badger is the third version (5.10 means october of 2005). The first one was 4.10, so ubuntu has been around about a year.