PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Canon Printers - How to update drivers?

giruzz
July 1st, 2008, 09:35 PM
Hi All,

My parents are running ubuntu 8.04 with a Canon LBP-2900.

After an update (not sure which one) the system stopped to print.

The system says that the file has been printed (dr 1.7) or leave the file in the queue (1.3) but there is no way I see a sheet coming out the printer.

I have tried to update the drivers or restore them following the how-to but didn't work/

Also, if I go in System > Admin > Printer Configuration I'm unable to see the new drivers.

All I can see is the 'default' 1.5 driver.

I was using the 1.3 as by How-To but they don't work anymore :-(

I have tried to install both 1.6 and 1.7 and no luck.

Is there a way to completely remove the 1.5 from the system and start everything from zero?

Thank you

giruzz

phidia
July 1st, 2008, 10:54 PM
Is this printer connected through usb cable?
In any case you should be able to delete that printer and select "New Printer" from the printer configuration panel thru System>Admin>Printing.

giruzz
July 1st, 2008, 11:12 PM
Is this printer connected through usb cable?
In any case you should be able to delete that printer and select "New Printer" from the printer configuration panel thru System>Admin>Printing.

No luck then. The printer is connected via USB

If I delete the printer..the system keeps offering me the 1.5 driver that don't work :-(

can't pick the 1.30 or 1.7

giruzz

phidia
July 1st, 2008, 11:20 PM
It may not be much help but besides searching the forums using the printer model I can provide this page (https://help.ubuntu.com/8.04/printing/C/printing.html#local) note the links there for openprinting.org and the ubuntu printer index too.