PDA

View Full Version : I need to brush up on my html where

exneo002
July 1st, 2008, 08:16 PM
last September I learned basic html 4.0. Now I'm getting internested in things like web development and google gadgets so I need to brush up on my html things like good formating any body know of a good place to brush up on my html.

xlinuks
July 1st, 2008, 08:23 PM
If I understood you correctly, first off you need to know basic JavaScript, in web development a problem can be solved in a thousand ways, you have to choose what exactly you wanna learn. But basic knowledge of JavaScript would be a must I guess (esp. on the client-side where there's almost no site without some kind of JavaScript scripts). There's not much to learn about Html I guess, rather XHTMl, CSS(2), browser bugs and all the other scary stuff.

LaRoza
July 1st, 2008, 08:27 PM
last September I learned basic html 4.0. Now I'm getting internested in things like web development and google gadgets so I need to brush up on my html things like good formating any body know of a good place to brush up on my html.

Check out the w3c tututorials. http://www.w3schools.com/

If I understood you correctly, first off you need to know basic JavaScript, in web development a problem can be solved in a thousand ways, you have to choose what exactly you wanna learn. But basic knowledge of JavaScript would be a must I guess (esp. on the client-side where there's almost no site without some kind of JavaScript scripts). There's not much to learn about Html I guess, rather XHTMl, CSS(2), browser bugs and all the other scary stuff.

You didn't understand correctly it seems. It was a question about learning HTML 4.0 which is clearly not JavaScript.

xlinuks
July 1st, 2008, 08:29 PM
"web development and google gadgets" surely imply JavaScript knowledge, at least how to use it (the gadgets).

LaRoza
July 1st, 2008, 08:31 PM
"web development and google gadgets" surely imply JavaScript knowledge, at least how to use it (the gadgets).

Need to get to square one first: "I need to brush up on my html things like good formating any body know of a good place to brush up on my html."

xlinuks
July 1st, 2008, 08:37 PM
Now I'm getting internested in things like web development and google gadgets
He doesn't know what that is, that's why he only talks about HTML, so I'm telling that he is not going to get along with HTML alone, in fact HTML is the easy part. You learn the basics in an hour, but then comes CSS, JavaScript - and that's what makes the "google gadgets" - that's what the guy is interested in, he seems to refer to it in a collective term HTML, but let him tell us.

LaRoza
July 1st, 2008, 08:39 PM
@OP My wiki has a section for web development that covers the topic from HTML to server side programming.

You might want to check it out.

ilrudie
July 1st, 2008, 08:54 PM
check Out The W3c Tututorials. http://www.w3schools.com/

+1

exneo002
July 2nd, 2008, 12:05 AM
thanx