PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] SATA install issue with Ubuntu Server 8.04 64 bit

cromination
July 1st, 2008, 04:35 PM
I was searching around for this and couldn't find anything, so I thought I'd post here.

I'm having an issue installing Ubuntu Server 8.04 64 bit edition on a SATA hard drive. There are 2 drives in the machine, one is 1TB the other is 500 gigs, each is SATA 3.0. I also don't have a floppy drive installed in the machine. I was wondering if there was a way to install this on a dedicated SATA drive? The motherboard is up to date and is broadcasting the SATA drives in the right order, so it's a software issue.

I had installed Fedora Core 9 on the machine without any problems, but I wanted the better flexibility of Ubuntu Server. If there isn't a way to do this, I guess I'll migrate back to Fedora, but I'd rather use Ubuntu for this. Any help is greatly appreciated.

logos34
July 1st, 2008, 08:29 PM
I was wondering if there was a way to install this on a dedicated SATA drive? The motherboard is up to date and is broadcasting the SATA drives in the right order, so it's a software issue.

So, the ubuntu installer can't detect the drives, is that what you're trying to say?

cromination
July 1st, 2008, 10:29 PM
So, the ubuntu installer can't detect the drives, is that what you're trying to say?

Yes. It can't seem to find a base SATA driver for the install.