PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Can't shutdown! NetworkManager issue

JustGus
July 1st, 2008, 03:13 PM
I'm a completely noob and installed Hardy a couple nights ago, but have run into problems. After upgrading some software I'm now unable to shutdown my machine. I get the following message:

------------------------
NetworkManager: <WARN> nm_signal_handler(): Caught signal 15, shutting down normally.

NetworkManager: <info> Caught termination signal

NetworkManager: <debug> [1214920380.164088] nm_print_open_socks(): Open Sockets List:

NetworkManager: <debug> [1214920380.164191] nm_print_open_socks(): Open Sockets List Done.

NetworkManager: <WARN> nm_hal_deinit():libhal shutdown failed - Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
------------------------
Any suggestions on how to fix this would be great.

Also, in case like this, I'm unable to find any solution other than pulling the plug to shut down. Any other suggestions of what to do to better power down would be welcome!

Cheers,

Gus

avtolle
July 1st, 2008, 03:32 PM
I get the same messages, but my computer proceeds to shut down normally, albeit at times more slowly than I would like. Has your computer not shut down at all, or are you just pulling the plug too soon?

JustGus
July 2nd, 2008, 02:53 AM
It won't shutdown at all. The black screen just stays there, begging me to pull the plug (left it on for about 40 mins, before turning it off).